or Connect

Posts by kittykat2481

This is Sam's wife. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond, but I have so much to say, I want to make sure I hit all of the important points, and didn't want to try to do this on my phone. I first spoke with Lisa when I was only 8 weeks pregnant. We spoke several times throughout my pregnancy, and my 5 year old and I visited her on more than one occasion. Then after our baby was born, I took him to visit a couple of times. This was all to make sure that she knew us as...
I don't *think* heating it would damage the kefir, as heating it doesn't damage all the goodies that are naturally found in breastmilk. They simply put the bottle in warm water, not in a microwave. My milk is high in lipase so my frozen milk tastes a little different anyway, and he takes that with no problem, so I bet he'd be ok. I'll start with just a little bit in his morning bottle to see what happens.
I hope this is the correct place for the question. Someone recently gave me some milk kefir grains, specifically for my (almost) 9 month old who has been sick with infection after infection in the past few months. While I plan on drinking it too, he goes to daycare during the day and I was wondering if I could put a little of the milk kefir in his bottle(s) of breast milk that I send to daycare. One consideration is that I usually make his bottles the night before so that...
My super soaker would leak through everything at night. Then I started putting him in a snappied prefold with a 3 layer bamboo doubler (or 2) laid in, and a wool cover. Easy breezy, and we've had several nights in a row with no leaks. I bought 2 sbish fitteds to try but they haven't come in yet. The only improvement on our current system would be if they are trimmer. He has a pretty fluffy butt right now, but that's ok. Not waking up in a puddle is sooooo worth it.
My son is 2 months old and he quickly grew out of his GMD yellow edge prefolds. Since I typically do the "angel wing" fold, I thought it would be easier to have a little extra "wing" to close with, so I bought the GMD "wide baby" size. Well, they seem too short. It's hard to imagine that he needs a large brown edge already. Would you guys mind looking at a picture and making a recommendation for me? Which prefolds do I need? They need to be as absorbent as possible because...
I haven't seen any other Waldorf schools in the area, but to be fair I was less looking for "Waldorf" and more looking for natural/cloth diaper friendly, gentle, calm caregiver for my baby when I have to return to work. We will be starting there in just a couple of weeks. I suggest giving Lisa there a call and asking any questions you may have. She is so sweet and loving towards the babies.  
Wow! I would be furious.  
I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with Clove Hill early childhood school in Colleyville, TX (www.clovehillearlychildhood.com). I know she has previously hosted a parent/child program as well as a mother's day out. My baby will be starting there full time (8-4) when I go back to work soon. I have a great feeling about the lady who runs it, and my normally shy 5 year old took to her very quickly, but I would always love to hear others' experiences. This is a...
Is this $12 with shipping or plus shipping?
I think this is why I believe so strongly in Montessori as a philosophy but not in its implementation, as I've seen it at least. I haven't mentioned that last year he was with a different teacher in the same school and we were having so many (of the same) issues, we had to change him to a different teacher. We were close to moving him to a different school, but the only other real option at the time would have been very financially taxing for us, and we eventually...