or Connect

Posts by kittykat2481

Quote: Originally Posted by askew We pay $640 a month for 4 full days. That is September-May. June, July and August are per week with not the full staff, and several weeks closed. We are in Northern CA/ Bay Area. For me, it was WAY less then childcare. Wow, that's awesome! Here it's about the same as the higher priced daycares. Doesn't it make you wonder why all those people send their children to those daycares, considering what they're like,...
Quote: Originally Posted by wolfefox You're certainly right about me needing a gate at the top of the stairs! I made the mistake of not remembering to put the gate up today. Hence how she got down the stairs. I'll have to get one with a swing door or something so I don't have to remember to keep putting it back up. I guess it's time to sell the portacrib. Bummer. Should I try just letting her sleep in my bed at naptime? It isn't terribly high..and...
Northeastern Tarrant country is, IMO, a much more laid back, family oriented atmosphere than Dallas, and only about a 20 minute drive. What suburbs are you considering? Have you done much research into housing costs in different areas? I could probably direct you better if I had some idea what you were looking for.
We're exactly 1 week into potty training. We actually did disposable pullups for a while, and it was no different than a diaper to him. So last weekend we went to underwear cold turkey, and we found that he doesn't like the feeling of being wet, and he actually started using the potty (not just sitting on it like before). Now one week into it, he only had 1 miss yesterday, and a couple this evening that were related to tummy troubles. He is doing awesome. We have some of...
I'm sure everyone's house is different - different rules, different personalities, different overall values. In our house our toddler is allowed to make messes as long as we clean them up (together). He bounces on his bed, holding on to the rails, but we caution him to be careful and not jump near the edge. He also isn't very good a jumping yet, so he doesn't get too far lol. We only throw toys that are balls, and even then only soft balls inside. We play with toys...
Quote: Originally Posted by MattBronsil If you multiply by 10, you can just add a 0. ;-) Wow. I'm laughing so hard at myself right now. In my defense, I had an almost two year old demanding my attention at the time, and i'm beyond tired. Still...
My son's school is toddler - kindy, and we pay $730 a month for 5 full days. Don't remember what that comes out to off the top of my head for a 10 month calendar year. ETA: That is less expensive than others in this area, but we make up for it for providing a lot of time and donating supplies, etc. The other school closest to us was (I believe) about $950 a month.
Yes, the potty at school is a regular toilet. In all of our conversations about pottying, his guide never mentioned anything about him not going on the big toilets at school. She just said she takes him potty every 45 minutes to an hour. Then when DS said he didn't want to wear diapers anymore, his guide said great, bring him in underwear. I honestly assumed this was one of those situations where they always do better for other people than they do for their parents....
Thank you for your feedback! I should clarify that his guide, who is with him from 8-3 is not out of town, but the afterschool teacher who keeps him until I pick him up at 4:00. The director was filling in for the afterschool teacher. The director is about 6 months pregnant now, and I'm sure she was just frustrated in that moment. I did, however just send an email to his guide to get her feedback on the situation and hopefully brainstorm ways to help Corbin. Regarding...