or Connect

Posts by kittykat2481

This is partially a potty learning question, but I'm posting it here since the issue is in regards to pl'ing at my son's Montessori school. I'm in a hurry, but I will try to make sense. Ok, so DS has been doing surprisingly well with pottying considering that he's a 23 month old boy on day 3 of going cold turkey to underwear. He went all weekend without making it all the way through the pack of underwear we bought. I think 2 accidents each day, and all of them were...
We did a monkey theme. We used this "stuff" http://www.1stwishes.com/Mod-Monkey-...KitDetail.aspx and these cupcakes http://farm1.static.flickr.com/92/23...e40f047b33.jpg They were banana cake with chocolate icing. Then I used teal and yellow balloons tied to big bunches of bananas as centerpieces. It was a hit, and really fit his personality at the time. This year he is obsessed with Elmo, so that's what we're planning to do. I haven't really gotten into the party...
We have the frog potty - actually we have 3 of them all over the house. Someone gave us a boon potty. I can't stand that thing. Don't waste your money on that. I have a question for those of you who use a BBLP on the go. How do you clean it out when they use it? I mean, I know you can take it home and clean it well, but what do you do in that moment when they use it. The feels like the dumbest question, I know. Today is day number one diaper free for us, and I'm just...
My son is 21 months, and started in a toddler room in August. So far I love it! He also went to a play-based daycare 3-4 days a week before, and this is worlds beyond that. He is thriving in the structured environment, and actually enjoys going to school every day. As for their routine, drop off is between 8:10 and 8:25, and class starts at 8:30. They have a shorter work time, circle time (the children are free to continue working if they're really into something though),...
I haven't read all the replies yet. DH and I say butt around each other, but around DS it's always "hiney".
Quote: Originally Posted by Limabean1975 DS has just begun occasionally commenting on skin colour. (He also recently mentioned that a friend of mine is "quite big"). I was just talking about this with DH, and he said he said to DS "People are like apples. Apples come in different colours, but they are all apples underneath." I don't know if that will help any, but I really like the simplicity of that; the language a child can...
Quote: Originally Posted by loraxc We live in the South and have adopted the Southern tradition of "Miss Firstname" and "Mr. Firstname." Some people here find it offensive if you just use first names, and we try to be somewhat considerate of local culture on little stuff like this. Her doctors (unfortunately she has more than one) go by their proper names, though--Dr. Lastname. This is pretty much what we do, except close family friends (like...
I'm thinking sensory stuff too. How about some nice warm layers, then some sort of poncho/over-type item that you wear over the two of you when you're wearing her? Wish I was more help. I live in Texas, where 40F is cold!
Has anyone been to this office or seen this doctor before? I just made an appointment for the end of October, and thought I'd see if I could get any feedback on him before hand. The only woman doctor in the office is booked up until March! Eek!
My instinct is to provide him with something appropriate to chew on to satisfy that sensory need. His anxiety over acclimating to a new school could be adding to the need, or making it more apparent than normal, and chewing on things helps calm him. My son is younger than your son is, but he has benefited greatly fron something like this, when he's in a really chewy stage. FTR, he is very addicted to the paci, and a very oral child, but he will sometimes ask for his...