or Connect

Posts by kittykat2481

Quote: Originally Posted by 3*is*magic I can't write a lot now, but I can tell you, as both a mom to 3 AND an oldest sister to 2 that you will NEVER be able to give #2 (or #3 or #4) the kind of attention that you gave #1, but you gave them each other. A sibling is an incredible gift. This made me tear up, and someday if I'm lucky enough to have a second child, I will try to remember it. I only have DS now, but already feel guilt over wanting...
Oh my goodness! I think as long as your do your basic baby safety things, a toddler bed would be much safer. DS is napping in his big boy bed as we speak!
Yeah, we figured if it didn't work we'd just go back to the crib, but so far it's working. You can try a baby gate, or get some of those door knob covers so they can't turn the knob and just close his door. DS has the fp Laugh and Learn Home (giant plastic home front) and I considered putting it in his doorway, because if he got up and miraculously didn't cry, the noise from that toy would sure wake us up before he got out of his room! Good luck with the transition!
DS has tasted cookie dough that had raw egg in it and was fine.
DS is only 13 months and never climbed out of his crib, but he hated his crib and screamed whenever he was in it. About 4 days ago we switched it to a toddler bed and he has done really well with it so far. He doesn't sleep through the night either, but when he does wake up, we can usually just go give him a paci and cover him back up and he goes back to sleep. He's only gotten out of his bed once at night so far, and it wasn't a big deal. We just put him back in. His...
I live near Euless, Grapevine, Arlington, Irving (DFW airport area)... and am looking for a family doctor. Right now it's mostly for DH and I, but if I love them I would be willing to switch DS too. I'd love to find someone open to our way of thinking...
My initial reaction is that it should be fine because if you happen to get the doctor you don't like in the hospital, it will only be one visit, and she won't be the one helping you make important decisions about your child's health for years to come. Just be prepared to stand your ground with her in the hospital if necessary (regarding vaxing or circ) but don't worry too much about what she thinks or says. She can vax or circ your baby without your approval, regardless of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Belia I don't know what that was all about. I don't think it was my LO so much as my DH- whenever he "takes over" with the baby I feel his eyes following me everywhere.... like "What am I supposed to do with him now?" And everytime DS makes a peep my DH says he's "screaming." And everytime DS is less than happy, DH says he's either hungry or has gas. *sigh* This sounds like my DH. I have been known to go sit...
I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I usually pick one night a week (Sunday nights) and go after I put DS to bed. DH stays home with DS and deals with him if he wakes up, and helps me carry the groceries in when I get home. It would be better if he could give DS a bath and put him to bed himself, but I still nurse DS to sleep, so that wouldn't work lol.
I wasn't the least bit crunchy before having DS, and since becoming a mother I have learned so much, and completely changed the way I look at things. I cloth diaper, I prepare all of his foods (fresh, local, organic when available), I'm breastfeeding (13 months and going strong!) I co-sleep (part time now that he jumps out of the bed lol), and the list goes on. Having a child can only make you MORE aware of how your actions affect the world. Why would you suddenly...