or Connect

Posts by ompath

Quote: Originally Posted by WaturMama I don't totally agree with you about testing. We also wouldn't terminate for Down's, but I think potential terminating isn't the only reason to test. And I agree with this, as well. My answers are not completely formed. I want to approach this pregnancy with utmost belief that all will work out. Of course, if there are identifiers that indicate testing of some sorts would help us to prepare more fully for an...
I can't say I've gotten negative responses as of yet, but I haven't told anyone. I won't put up with other people's drama, so I started the thread in hopes to give my own self some "couth" when dealing with people who speak "randomly". I like my doc's office, other than the musty smell in the waiting room. He said to me "Are you planning on anything like an amnio?" We told him no and he said "Well, then you're good to go!" I respect that. I had an OB when we were...
Thanks so much for the helpful link, Briome! Looking, now. LOVE getting links where these subjects have been touched upon! It's true. Please - if you've experienced discrimination of some kind, please comment on this thread, regardless of age! I am going for a vbac, myself
Hi ladies, is my story really that wild, or is it just that I wrote it out? Hope I wasn't too forward with all I revealed. I've been going through exhaustion. Just trying to keep up, but today trying to catch up on writing that I've delayed... I am a little pre-occupied with the concept of telling people I've known about the pregnancy, and decided to put together a Q and A. If any of you ladies are interested, I've put together a thread for fielding questions that are...
(I'm being a little cheeky here and may not totally answer like this, which is why I'm hoping we can help each other out here with appropriate responses...) Age: 40 (41 on Earth Day) Due Date: 12/01/10 Are you worried that you are too old? No. That’s the reason I’m writing this post, in hopes I won’t be brought down by worriers who are not informed. How do your older kids feel about this? They are giddy. We are great parents and there are no worries. But...
Hello pregnant ladies of "Advanced Maternal Age"! * How are you feeling? * Aren't you worried? * Why did you do this? Ohhhhhhhh..... BLAH! That's why I've decided to start this thread... I'm 40, and will be 41 in a week. I'm 7 weeks pregnant, and in about a week plan to post a "notes" post on my facebook page pre-emptively fielding the questions I don't really feel like answering over and over again throughout my pregnancy... I am putting together a Q and A...
Thanks, all I'll be less self-centered, soon... when I get past the sleepies.
WaturMama, Please put me with an EDD of 12/01/10 and also please remove the FF link - haven't been there in ages. The heart beat looked so strong. Please cross your fingers for us!
Hi everyone! Congrats to all who are pregnant, and BIG hugs to those with losses. I'm hoping to remain with the latter, but today my doc said his only cryptic comment "Don't tell anyone for a month - 50% of these end up not working out." Here is as much of the story as I can muster. - Met: March 2007 - Vasectomy: May 2007, because we though his 3 kids were to live with us, and that would have made 3 kids under 10, and one just over. We only got my son and his...
We gave up. I came to this board in Fall of 2008 and stuck with you all for a while, and my heart dropped out... really though it was all over. i have so much catching up to do here. so much. And such a surprise I have for you: !!! I'll be 41 this coming Earth Day, 4/22 -- I think I am 7 weeks pregnant (a shock, wasn't even testing!), will find out tomorrow. Should be due about Thanksgiving. PRAY for a sticky, please? I'm posting here because you are the only...