or Connect

Posts by jsr3944

I don't know how old your baby is but the first sugar my 4 year old had was the cake at his first birthday. He doesn't drink juice, only milk or water and he didn't have sugar "treats" until I started using M&Ms when he started potty training. It isn't that I was terribly strict about it, I just didn't see the point of giving it to him. He didn't need it then and only gets it every so often now. Like others said, he gets it in moderation as a treat and I think that...
Thanks ladies. Both babies have nursed twice in the past two days. I pumped this morning because DD wouldn't latch on for very long and already I can see a notable decrease in milk supply. Guess I better get busy pumping. I did start my cycle right when they starting striking so that is interesting. Thanks Angie6 for pointing that out. I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks again.
We have 3 beautiful treasures, Joshua who just turned 4 on 2.20 and Sara and Ryan who are 10 months old. We thought we were losing the pg so we had an ultrasound and low and behold, there were 2 little healthy hearts beating away. My cervix starting funneling at 25 weeks which landed me in the hospital for a month and then at home on the couch for the next 2 months. I delivered via C-Section at 38 weeks. I desperately wanted to have them vaginally but they were both...
I am so sad. My 10 month old twins are weaning!!! I don't know what to do. We've never had any issues, they both have been great nursers and then all of a sudden about 5 days ago DS started to refuse me. He absolutely will not latch on and will only drink EBM from a bottle. I tried letting him go until I knew he had to be starving and he still wouldn't latch on. And then DD started doing to the same thing yesterday. They will both gulp down EBM from a bottle but...
I live by my schedule!! I nursed in tandem for about 6 months or so. It was the only way to make it all work and get anything else done. When we were out in public I nursed them seperately though. I just couldn't figure out how to do it otherwise. I tried not to go out until right after I nursed though so I wouldn't have to do it unless absolutely necessary. And it never seemed to throw us off our schedule. Now they are speed nursers and I can have some special...
When they were itty bitty, one would be in a sling, the other in the car seat attached to the cart and my 3 year old walked beside me. He has been trained to stay close and does very very well. Now they are 9 months and both sit in the seat part of the cart facing each other. I line the seat with a blanket so they can't slide out the leg holes and they sit there like angels. This does draw quite a bit of attention but multiples do anyway. I have put one in one cart...
This is a tough, tough time. DS had just turned 3 when my pair were born. There isn't much to do except muddle through the best way you can. If you have family or friends to help, please ask. There is nothing wrong with needing help. And to be perfectly honest, DS watched more TV the first 3 months of their life than he ever had combined up until that point. Did I feel guilty? Yes. But it helped me through a bad time and he has not been damaged because of it. ...
I had the Anna twin nursing pillow and hated it. Wouldn't reccommend it to anyone. It never fit us right and I wish I would have sent it back. I tandem nursed for 5 - 6 months and ended up just sitting on my couch with the sofa pillows under them and holding them in the football hold. It worked great. We are still nursing at 9 months but are no longer nursing tandem. They are fast enough that it doesn't take too long. Best wishes to your friend!!
I have been using fuzzibunz's with my twins for 6 -7 months now and love them. I am looking to the future and needing to move up to the next size. For $ reasons, I'd like to try and make my own AIO's. Has anyone tried this? Where can I buy the fleece that works so well? Thanks!