or Connect

Posts by mariekitt24

thanks guys. well I have strongly considered UC in the past, but at the end of the day Im just not confident enough/ educated enough. Especially after the first labor, I lost a lot of confidence that I could do it without drugs at all, regardless of how overdue I go.   So it just double sucks that Im still waiting, on top of already lacking confidence.   
Hi guys, Im currently four days "overdue", and Im just feeling really discouraged.  This is my second attempt at a homebirth.  The first one I remember trying every trick in the book to get things started, including taking that vile castor oil and nasty black and blue cohosh tincture. I ended up going 2 and half weeks overdue before my midwife used an ..extreme method.. to get things going which did bring about labor but also made it come on unbearably strong.  So I...
for those curious how it went: I wish I had thought to order my own fetoscope to bring with to the appointment ahead of time. He would have been willing to use one but didn't have one around. I called my midwife just to confirm with her what I actually HAD to get done because the dr was really willing to be flexible, but as it turns out (according to her licensing requirements) I couldn't decline anything. So I had to let him use the doppler, but I asked him to...
sorry for any confusion. the ultrasound incident I was referring to was actually from my first pregnancy. I caved in to dopplers and a visual ultrasound during my first pregnancy and I still regret that. I would like to avoid both ultrasound and use of the doppler, and I dont know which one the doctor will want to use, but either way I would want to decline. I dont believe the Dr. has a fetoscope in his possession (but I will ask), and I do not have one either. I...
my midwife already sounded pretty sure about the fact that there was nothing I could do to avoid it. I really hope I will be able to say no, Im going to be so nervous waiting for this appointment. I really wish I didnt care, it would make things so much easier.
last time I declined a routine ultrasound the dr. refused to continue seeing me. I cant imagine this doctor would be okay with NOT listening to the heartbeat. since basically, thats all he does anyway. Im afraid I would get more than just grief, but kicked out. I dont think there are any drs that would agree to check me out without using one. Its more than just a consultation, he actually has the power to refuse to allow me to have a homebirth if he is not comfortable...
I'm seeing a midwife for my prenatal care, but she is state liscensed so Im required to see a regular dr. twice during my pregnancy. I will be having my midwife use the fetoscope, but right now Its pretty early on in the pregnancy. as far as both of us know, all doctors around here use doppler ultrasound, to listen to the heartbeat. I'm really uncomfortable with this, but at the same time I dont really think I can say no. I'm going to the dr. my midwife recommended...
I feel the same way, I really WANT to want to. Sorry to have to ask, but what does POP stand for?
thanks guys, that does make me feel better. I had a third degree tear too. definitely not "good as new"!
I didn't have much luck with pumping at all, I just had a cheap manual one so maybe that was the problem, but anyway I dont have enough experience with that to be of any help.. I would think though that the more you pump (and breastfeed) the more milk you produce, therefore not really helping lessen your letdowns. unless of course you had just finished pumping and were empty at the time. all I know is, for at least the first year I always letdown on both sides. I guess...