or Connect

Posts by mariekitt24

Quote: Originally Posted by AllieFaye For this pg (and the previous one,) I've had chiropractic prenatal care which has been wonderful. I get to decide what I want. She can do virtually everything that an ob would do short of vaginal exams (which I'd refuse anyway.) She has a scale, urine strips, blood pressure cuff, listens to the heartbeat, etc. Plus, I get the Webster technique, comfort messures (try getting that at an ob!) and emotional support. ...
wow thanks for all the responses everyone! I am definitely bummed out because I am a roller coaster junkie. there is no way I'll be going to the parks with roller coasters because I would probably cry! Instead what I'll do is post pone those parks with intent of taking a future vacation to Florida. Instead for this trip I've been looking into mostly things like sea world, dinner shows cirque due soleil and water parks. and will avoid those really fast plunging water...
well we are now at a loss for where to go since rides are out. Thanks for the suggestions Wifeofant! I would love to hear about other Florida attractions if anyone knows of any that are pregnancy friendly!
Hi! I hope I'm posting in the right section. I'm young and healthy and already have one child. I just found out I'm pregnant, and we have a Florida vacation planned for October. So I'll be about 4 months along. I was mostly looking forward to going on all the roller coasters. So, should I just forget about them now? Has anyone gone on the "big" rides while pregnant? Will I be showing by 4 months and am I even "allowed" to go on those rides? I'm really...
I never wanted to just have an only child. but after my experience with my midwife and the hospital, I've been terrified at the thought of ever becoming pregnant again. I guess what I want to know is if my experience is typical or not. I live in the U.S. and we are a military family. I found a state licensed midwife because that was the type that Tricare insurance was willing to cover. but because she was state licensed, she had all these bureaucratic hoops that...
Quote: Originally Posted by tommynomad If you are anti-circ, are you also anti-pierce? If not, why not? Would you break off a friendship if the other parent pierced their child's ears (or other body part)? What about spanking? What about not letting their kids eat meat? Or smoking in front of their kids? How much of a village does it take: where do we draw the line on what parents must be permitted to decide for themselves? That is an...
My son is one year old, and although he isn't exactly a toddler yet, I know that I'm doing child-led weaning and don't plan on stopping breastfeeding any time soon. I'm just feeling discouraged. My husband says it's "weird" to him. It seems like all of my friends with children of similar age have already weaned, they make fun of people that breastfeed beyond infancy, and even my own parents are unsupportive. I told my mom the other day that I was going to let my son...
really?? oh that's great thank you! any idea what she will say when she finds out? What did she say to you? We aren't just delaying, we aren't doing vaccines period so I dunno if that makes a difference.
I would love to be able to take my son into the doctor without getting guilt tripped and fear mongered about not getting him vaccinated, and I'm starting to wonder if that is even possible. Are there any pediatricians in central Arkansas that will be respectful of our choice not to vaccinate? Thank you for any replies! I really appreciate it.
I would be really frustrated if I were you! I dont think it's rude at all, they probably just weren't taking the RSVP part seriously. I bet some of them were planning on showing up though, but yeah I would be freaking out. Go ahead and send it, they were the rude ones. Are you close enough with any of them that you can facebook them or call them and just ask if they can make it? Maybe invite some family members too so you can know she will still have people show up.