or Connect

Posts by mariekitt24

Keen. like the word clean, minus the L. If its for a boy, I like Keanen, for a girl I like Keyann.
I agree with all the other posters, you are good mom and yelling at your baby is not a big deal, nothing to beat yourself up about. The fact that you are so worried is what you should be assured by, that you are indeed a good mom. I tend to beat myself up a lot about things too, and how I wish I could have just had someone there during my darkest moments to just say "its not a big deal." or "everyone does it." Its easy to think we are worse moms than other's because...
I understand how you must feel, and here's my take on the situation from an outsiders perspective. It sounds like he left because he wanted to give you your privacy, and the wife informed you in hopes that you wouldn't have felt offended by his sudden disappearance. I don't think it was because HE was offended, he was just trying to be courteous and I don't think they had any idea it would be offensive to you in doing so. If I read the post right, it doesnt make sense...
I started out with a bunch of bumgenius pockets, because they seemed pretty popular. I followed all of the instructions for proper washing, and no matter what, I couldn't get them to stop repelling. (the pee wouldnt soak through, just leaked right out of the diaper.) I've got a couple rumparooz pockets that don't seem to have that problem, but those are more expensive. I just don't really trust pockets anymore. I bought a few green mountain prefolds in...
I use arm and hammer free and clear for sensitive skin on the diapers. If my baby got a rash I would assume it was either from keeping the diaper on too long (since cloth diapers tend to be wetter against baby's skin than sposies) or from something I ate (he breastfeeds). If that detergent wasnt working for me I might switch to something like maggies soap nuts.
Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoB I shared my opinion with her she said that's my choice but everytime Brendan ends up with a fever she goes he could have had the flu that you could have prevented . but like I said she is usually a grouch but this time she even more so angry . That it is annoying the daylights out of me. Wow, talk about a guilt trip! That's terrible, I'm sorry she said that to you. You could say the same to her when...
I never ask that, and I agree with you. I assume the question has it's place in some situations, but not around my house.
Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoB Is there a possiblity that swine flu vaxes cause mood swings ? Mom had hers 2 1/2 wks ago and she's usually so grouchy but she has increased her grouchiness so severely that she won't even talk to me and hangs up on me . well this might really be a stretch here, but it's possible that the heavy metals in the vaccine could be causing such symptoms. Like if she got the version with mercury and is mercury...
Our washer broke so we are looking into buying a new one. -For those of you that cloth diaper, does your High Efficiency washer get the job done as well as a top loader? -Also, has anyone figured out how much money you saved switching to a HE washer? We don't have a lot of money so I'm not even sure if we could afford the intial cost of a HE washer, but I do hear they save lots of money in the long run. I have also heard mixed reviews about whether or not they...
yeah, just a burning sensation. I was already in tons of pain anyway so I dont remember it sticking out too much from the rest. If anything, I felt relief that he was finally coming out.