or Connect

Posts by Katie T

I have send Buick a message, we will see if they respond.
So here is my dilemma, I have 3 children in a 06 Buick Rendezvous. It has a center shoulder strap that comes down from the ceiling but is comes unhooked from the lap belt very very easily. The center has no head rest. I have a 14 yr old, a 5 (will be 6 in June) in a True Fit and a 7 yr old in a graco tall back booster. Right now we are perfect for safely riding in the car. But in a yr our true fit expires, so I will put my then almost 8 yr old in a tall back booster as...
Yes that sounds like a good idea. Being on a farm in the summer we spend most of our time outdoors anyways working in the garden (its over an acre). Winter is my only real concern and we always have my parents house we can hang out in if it gets too crowded in ours. Theirs is almost 4000sq ft so plenty of room! 
I agree the more I think and research the slide out I think it would be more of an added cost, stress and potential for future issues. We could build a covered porch as well as I plan on being in one location for quite some time though we may move it around the property in the beginning till we find the perfect spot I'm not sure. When I ask my dad where he is thinking we put it he says who cares its on wheels! Don't like the view or how the snow drifts just move it! lol 
I think 36 would be a better size. That extra length will come in handy. I feel like the slide out would be nice with the kids but no longer needed as my husband and I age and no longer have little ones full time in our tiny house. With possible energy loss is the little added space worth it? We have found a 30 ft 5th wheel that would be perfect in our price range but holding out for longer. I'm excited to think we could get started in this next yr though this project will...
I am wondering if a 30 ft will be long enough. I guess I am not even sure they make longer 5th wheel trailers for a pick up. I have not thought about a deep freeze since we will be at my parents for probably at least the first 10 yrs. with it. But after that I will probably need a small deep freezer. We get my parents farm when they pass (which they are not old so won't be for a long long time) but we are for sure staying there till all of our kids have left the nest. Then...
This is wonderful! I am so excited but am worried I am not realizing just how small of a space it is that I will be working with. I just feel like this will really reduce the stress in our daily lives. I am hoping to have the sink in a peninsula and as little bar for breakfast for the kids. A lay out like this is what I was thinking though would like a longer trailer than a 24 ft and we are planning on using a 5th...
I am very interested in building a tiny house 200-250 sq ft on a trailer so we can live in it and have the freedom to travel. We have land to put it on with water, septic and electric on it. (my parents land where they live with 12 acres). We would then sell our almost 2000 sq ft home and live in this full time. (I am thinking after DD1 is off to college so we will just have the 2 kids and dh and I)    Has anyone done it with 2 kids? They will be 12 and 14 ish by this...
I think children naturally wean (in stone age? I don't know) when their ADULT teeth start coming in. I was told that mammals generally wean when adult teeth come in. I was also told that nursing into toddler hood is actually helpful to teeth alignment and muscle development of the mouth. This has been true for my kids who nursed till 3 1/2 yrs and the other is 5yrs 5 months and still nursing and both have perfect teeth. 
When I started nursing I thought 3 would be my limit. But I nursed baby #2 till 3 1/2 and "baby" number 3 till ??? She was 5 in June and is still nursing. That being said I too went thought the hormonal thought I was going to rip my hair out stage as well. I would have quit if it was up to just me but I have kids who need to nurse very bad and  although I have tried weaning doesn't happen. Honestly I had her and I all ready to wean for her 5th Birthday and while she laid...