or Connect

Posts by Kokomom

HI - Go to Dr Lisa Siddal in Leland, Dr. Tracey R (8th street, last I knew) in TC or Dr. Debra Lewis in Interlochen. There are some great dentists in town. I went to the ped dentist for my 13 month old's teeth - which were cracked in a fall. They said that they were not cracked rather cavities from breastfeeding! The LLL in town knows this office well and of the mothers I know, it is not a recommended dentist - even with the Ped Title. They suggested outrageous procedure...
Hi - our disease is alcoholism at our house. Things have gotten SO much better since I have been going to Al-Anon. While my DH is now sober for 9 months, it is very challenging at time to remember NOT to take care of him anymore, to LET HIM make his own choices and thus his own consequences and detach with love. He smokes still 1-1.5 packs a day and has some health issues etc.... we have been thru a tough few years and have two young children. I do understand when...
Hope things are getting better for you and DD! We went thru this in March. Gatorade was our solution. She loved it. Thank goodness. We also pumped up the sticky foods :rice, bananas, applesauce and bread. We did acidopholis after--helped to fight the yeast infection that was starting from the aug-stuff. Best of luck!
Hi- I have a sip of my hubby's beer every so often and a 1/4 to 1/2 glass of wine every week or two. At this stage, I believe it is good for you to relax and if a 1/2 glass of wine does it every so often, I would do it too, JMO.
Hi- Hardwood floors contractors will quote you usually by the foot. In our area, a good, experienced, preferred contractor will be between 2.75 and 3.50 a sq ft. Sometimes price will depend on finish wanted, number of coats (usually 3 is best), and perhaps on the layout of the house or rooms. If there are alot of small, cut-up rooms, the sanding takes more time and there are more corners to scrap. This may cost more. I would recommend getting references or a referral from...
hi- 22 weeks- out of my fattest pair of jeans and into maternity land. Regularily a size 12, fat pair is a 16)
Say no thanks and relax. You have given this alot of time and thought, and probably stress too. We can live our whole lives with "what ifs" ....and really all we can do its take the information we have on hand in this moment and make the best decision possible. There are no gurantees. If you go with it, take away the info you do want and lay to rest the rest of it. Like the PP, I too have lost a child shortly after birth, and all the planning, questions and...
Hi- Just my 2 cents here- during my first pg I continued my practice of yoga albeit gently (doing for several yrs prior) and experienced two bleeding episodes in the 10th and 13th week, on days I had practiced. Gave up after 2nd one. After that pg, two different long practicing yoga teachers (one in AZ and one in MI) informed me that they do not recommend yoga at all duing the first tri. For me, I have gave up practicing in my 2nd and third pgs, doing other exercise...
Hi- Am in the same boat. Have felt baby move only a couple of times in the last week and am also 18weeks along. I do feel this is normal. In my last two pgs, the baby moved more after 22 weeks and then alot after 28 wks with my dd. Every pg and baby is different. Try to stay calm and next week will be here before you know it
Hi-so sorry to hear about the pain! I can relate. I have a fractured ishum(sp?) bone -which is just up and back from the pubic bone. But I don't deliver utnil August-thank goodness! I would recommend ice, ice, ice and walking with crutches, a walker, or cane. Also if you can seek medical help, do it. Your OB/MW shoudl be of some help-call them. And I would stay off it as much as possible if possible, Best of luck!