or Connect

Posts by rad

Name: Rachel What number baby is this? 7 How old are your other children? 10, 8, 6, 5, 3, 10 months How are you doing right now with being pregnant and having the other children? Fine. I've just noticed a decrease in energy. But other than that I feel pretty good. I'm sure things will change in a week or so when my nausea picks up. But Hubby is great and I'm lucky to have easy pgs.
My LO is 10 months and still nursing. Hoping my milk can stick around a few more months for him. The other 3 times I've gotten pg while nursing my kids have always weaned once my milk dried up. It was a problem for my 4th since he was only 10 month old when my milk was gone.
I probably won't go see my midwife until I'm 12 weeks or so. By then we should be able to hear a heartbeat and feel my uterus. I don't have a whole lot of extra time so I'd rather wait till the trip is more worthwhile.
Hello! My name is Rachel. I just found out last week that we're expecting baby #7, It was a huge, huge surprise for us. My youngest is 10 months old and I thought I had been doing ok with FAM. But my cycle was crazy and I must have O'd on day 10. Of course we weren't careful cause it was so early. Friday 9/30 rolled around and I started spotting. Figured it was AF coming to visit. But after 3 days of very light spotting and extreme exhaustion and painful nursing, I knew...
*Name : Rachel *EDD:  6/13/12 *Age/ age when the baby will be born:  33 yrs *Location:  Northern IL *How long it took you to get your BFP:  This was a total surprise *What number child is this for you:  #7 *Family (partner, other children, pets): Hubby Karl, DS Kaelan (10), DD Chandra (8), DS Liam (6), DS Lachlan (5), DS Killian (3), DS Riordan (10 months) *Birth plans/preferences:  I hoping for my 7th homebirth. Not sure is we'll do UC. *Thoughts /...
Runa's Birth is one of our favorites.
Never had any issues at all. I've got 5 boys, ages 9.5, 6.5, 4, 3 and 2 months. All intact.
I would probably want someone to watch them if I was laboring while they were awake. We had a friend watch our 3 older kids when my 4th baby was born. It was a quick labor 2.5 hour labor but I didn't want myself or DH to have to worry about their care during that time. My other 4 homebirths where I had older kids, I was fortunate they occurred while the kids were asleep so we just let them sleep through the whole thing and didn't need to call anyone to watch them.
Never heard of it. But it sounds scary. I'm really glad they caught it in time and you're ok.
I've had 6 incredible and very positive homebirths. I wouldn't do it any other way. There was nothing scary about them. Even with my 5th baby when we transferred him for breathing issues, it still wasn't a doom and gloom issue.   I'd share them all with you but I don't have them posted anywhere online. And I think copy and pasting all 6 here might be a bit much. Maybe I'll try it when I've got some time though.