or Connect

Posts by ktmama

Hi all I hope some of you who have BTDT with a 7 yo (my experience w dd1 was so different) can help.  I am worried about how my almost 7 yo is defensive and can't admit to simple mistakes.  She blames her siblings for everything and can't take responsibility for anything.  I am a pretty gentle disciplinarian, but at the end of that particular journey with her due to her inability to listen and retain my simple requests and age-appropriate expectations.    For...
I was just jumping on mothering to ask the same thing, except it's only been a week for us.  My breasts are VERY tender right now, just finished my cycle (so I'm not pg).  I've nursed three kids and this is the first time I've experienced this kind of discomfort.  My ds is 2 years 9 months.  Anyone?
Wow!  Thank you so much for that very informative post!  I'm not much of a calorie counter and my main goal is to be healthy, not skinny.  I do want to look good, though, but honestly I'm just not into depriving myself (right now anyway).  I do appreciate the information, though and my main focus is to be healthy and to be a positive role model for my kids - particularly my daughters.
OK, I'm not exactly "fat" by American standards, but I have been carrying around 15 extra pounds since the birth of my dd six years ago and my belly is getting BIGGER, not smaller, even after three months of back to the gym four days a week.  So, I'm wondering if my gut is related to:   extended bfeeding - have heard that after 12 months the body actually holds onto weight.  My son is 27 months and we still nurse three to four times a day.   Yes, I am still making...
thanks Mary.  I know what you mean about wearing them out.  I often compare my two youngest to puppies - they need their daily run!
Thanks so much for your reply.  Today was a better day.  I talked with a friend of mine tonight who's personality is a lot like my dd and she was very helpful too.  The experiment continues!
No advice, but I can commiserate!  I'm 46 and breastfeeding my two year old.  I also have an almost six year old and an almost 14 year old.  My periods really have changed and I'm definitely more moody - but I just thought that was because I have three kids now :)   Hang in there!  I have to remind myself constantly that bfeeding is a relationship and has to be good for both partners.  Many days I want to quit, but then my boy asks for "sides" and I hold him close...
Hi Mamas My two year old has, over the past two months or so, gone from a very easy twenty-minute sleep routine to taking 90 minutes to get to sleep.  During that time, he has given up nursing to sleep.  But the rocking, back rubbing, parenting to sleep thing just isn't working.  Neither does laying him down in his bed by himself.   Could the problem be that he still naps?  He could easily sleep three hours a day, but I started cutting his naps short due to these...
Hi Mamas.  Oh boy.  Where to begin?   My almost six year old dd and I have had a really good relationship until the beginning of the school year last year.  I don't know if the events are connected or coincidental, but she was bullied pretty badly by a new girl in her class and really, really was struggling.  The girl left town in January and things improved at school, but at home, things haven't gotten any better.   In a nutshell, she just doesn't listen.  She...
If your main concern is for what your children may be exposed to as adults, why not let them decide for themselves when they are adults? They may choose to vaccinate and may choose not to. But as adults, they will have the knowledge and power to decide what to do with their own bodies.   Thank you so much for this perspective.