or Connect

Posts by MamaCrunch

Quote: Originally Posted by SAHMinHawaii I have been reading about this for about 8 years now. Its not something I am just jumping into. The reason I never thought this would happen is because I am quite picky as to who I would do this for. As for as not wanting twins, I really wanted twins myself and since I lost one I think it would be hard on me emotionally(harder). I also have 3 children and a husband who travels often for buisness and I can't be...
I gave birth to gestational surrogate twins last year. I gave birth to my own kids at home but birthed the twins in the hospital (with my mw as my doula) We had planned a homebirth for a singleton but that wasn't in the cards It was the most amazing journey! I pumped for the babies for 6 months It sounds like you've found your perfect match, it's such an incredible experience. I hope everything goes perfectly for you!
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft The worry is probably not that measles is not dangerous to an adult, but that the chance of getting measles is quite low- much much lower than the chance of contracting CP, kwim? Yea, I'm sure this has a lot to do with it, I think it probably boils down to; two diseases both with small but real risk--one is all over the place and the other is seldom seen in this country these days... BUT I'd like to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marnica Has your doctor said to get the MMR as well?? I find it interesting that he feels CP would be more dangerous to an adult/older child than the measles. I had CP at age 19. It sucked. I had a very bad case. I spent a week in an oatmeal bath and had pox literally everywhere. I did not have any terrible complications that required anything other than home care however. I still would not vaccinate had I to do it over...
None of my kids are vax'd at all. Their doctor allows parents to make their own decisions regarding vaccines (novel, huh? ) but said that he recommends the chicken pox vaccine at age 10 if a kid hasn't had CP yet. We did titers to check for CP and MMR antibodies and they were negative (I know they aren't necessarily reliable but I was really just hoping we'd see antibodies and hope that was sufficient) His reasoning is that the disease is much more likely to be...
It didn't bunch until I'd been wearing it a day or two I thought I'd FINALLY found a comfy one! I tried four or 5 different ones (medela---really really badly rolled and bunched and offered just barely more than zero support but WAS better than nothing) two medical store ones--the second of which I wore for the better part of 6 weeks until I REALLY could NOT stand the bunching any more, and then the belly bandit which I THOUGHT was a godsend until it started bunching...
AWESOME!!!!! It's too bad they missed it despite all their planning...I can't wait to read your story!
Hey! Cool to see you here again! (remember me? I'm a surro too and we got preggers around the same time--I just gave birth to the twinkies 5 days ago ) Unfortunately you aren't going to like what I have to say (ducking) This pregnancy with the twins I was 2 cm dilated around 32 weeks, at 35 weeks I was 4cm, at 36 weeks I was 5 cm, at 37 weeks I was 6 cm and the day before they induced me at 38 weeks I was 7 cm dilated!!!!! They made me stay at a hotel near the...
I could have written half of Dianna's post. I just had a breech extraction of twin b 4 days ago! And yes, it was REALLY REALLY painful. Definitely some of the worst pain of my life (mine lasted 9 min.) But to say that one would need an epidural for an entire birth just to avoid a few minutes of intense pain is silly imho. The anesthesiologist (I too had to birth in the OR--the anesthesiologist's lair) would have liked me to have an epidural catheter at least (has...
What an awesome story! Congratulations!