or Connect

Posts by ArtsyHeartsy

I'm here, of course I haven't reallllyyyyy been here.  This is my first post!  I have been lurking on my phone, but it's a huge pain to post from there so lurking is all I do.   I'm not sure I'm ready, my EDD is the 29th.  I feel like this one may come early, DD1 was 42 weeks, DD2 40 weeks, but with induction due to fetal stress.  So who knows!  Baby has dropped so I pee a lot.  Fun stuff!  I just feel like I have so much to do but NO ENERGY to do it!  To top that...
Hi everyone!  It's nice to see some familiar "faces" again!  DD keeps us quite busy, she talks up a storm, has a hilarious attitude and climbs everything.  I'm really happy she has been talking so much because it was very frustrating when dd1 couldn't communicate...she would get so frustrated!  We have so much fun though, DD2 is just our whole families' ray of light.      So yeah!  I just got a bfp yesterday.  I'm totally in shock.  I'm not even sure how it happened...
Hello... I am trying to find a book that would help my nephew celebrate his family.  I feel really bad for him because he's always asking for a dad.  I'm not sure if this is really the right forum but I'm not sure where to put this.   Long story short, my niece was (fost-)adopted by sil and her ex husband, a situation happened where they broke up and she ended up adopting her son on her own without her ex at the age of 1, he's five now.  (he had been living with them...
Hello, I always seem to come here for sound advice and I really think we need some right now.  Background: Dss 12, lives with us half time, Dh and I have been together for 11 years so DSS doesn't know any different.  WE also have two children together 7 and 1.    We have always had issues with dss lying.  He has always played the survival game with his mom, lied about things we didn't do (I think she got pleasure from thinking we were terrible parents, he has lied...
I should also say that I have never really seen anyone "beat up the ground" I have never done that and I don't hit things, just talk to the object as if it's alive and ask it why it did that, I can't imagine beating up the ground. haha!!!  
I really don't think there is anything wrong with that, if a child falls it's not really their mistake...in my mind, it's just an accident and it happens.  I've done things like this (not to living things like dogs though)  many times as a joke because it cheers kids up and they think it's funny and start giggling.  Just like if they bump into a table I say silly stuff about the table jumping out and bumping into them because it had a bad day, or some other silly thing...
Well, I have tons of these but some of the funniest are from my Mother in law and her peers.  They constantly nag me to cover my baby so she doesn't get sick.  What's annoying about that is that my MIL has no problem bringing her other snotty nosed feverish grandchildren to my house, or near my baby...uhm, no THAT will make her sick!!!   One aunt also told me not to let my baby look in the mirror because it will stunt her growth!  My mil asked me when my baby will...
This seems really silly I know, but I am actually a little concerned about my dss.  We have always done the Easter bunny/Santa thing, and made it convincing to make it more fun.  I think we made it too convincing.  We have a 9mo DD, a 7yo DD and my DSS is 12.  I would expect that the two younger still believe and we would like for dss to play along as long as the kids are still having fun with it.  (if they asked or wanted to know we would come clean, we aren't into...
Wow!  She's doing a lot!  How fun, and exhausting! :)  since you mentioned weight I am starting to wonder if I should be concerned with dd, she is 15lbs and I think 10oz, not gaining very quickly...she is so small compared to other kids her age.  What's odd is that both dh and are tall, I'm 6' and he's 6'4" and not skinny, so she looks even smaller when we carry her!  I don't know where she gets it, I know DD1 was small too but she wasn't this small.  She eats so much...
Good luck Proto!  (probably too late now, but hey, better late than never!)   Baby girl has decided to go crazy with all her new stuff this week.  She started clapping, dancing, crawling and standing up, the two latter were just today!  Her crawl is still a little one legged but man, she is all over the place.  I guess it's time to retire the co-sleeper (not that she really stayed in it anyway, it will be nice to have my side of the bed back!)    I just can't...