or Connect

Posts by help007

Wow- maybe I should have joined in last night. Slept fine until 12:30, then up till 5 because my allergies have hit full force, and I couldn't breath. I am just amazed at how a person can be so, so tired, and so, so pregnant, and still not be able to sleep! I started taking claretin, a class B, because I was too miserable to go without. Baby is definitely lower- starting to waddle around and feel pressure more of the time. I can tell the baby is hanging out too much...
I bought a suction cup overflow thing for pretty cheap on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Better-Bath-Deep-Water/dp/B0001YJIGW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347674502&sr=8-3&keywords=bath+overflow I used rolled up towels in the tub for my postpartum baths, and I think it would work well for labor.
Love, love reading all the birth stories! I'm 39+2 today, and my midwife checked me for the first time. Stretchy cervix with a little neck left, no dilation. Makes me even more frustrated at the week of contractions. I know it means nothing- that every baby and cervix will proceed at their own pace, but I'm so tired all the time. I'm only sleeping marginally better than I will with a newborn. I want to meet my baby, get to know him or her, and see if my body makes...
Oh, wow- what an amazing experience! I'm glad everything worked out so well!!
Wow! Thanks for sharing your story! I hope you are recovering well!!
Never heard of PUPPPS. What is it? Horse lips is when you relax your lips and breath out in a sputtering, horse like manner. Your bottom/cervix will loosen up when your mouth/jaw is loosened, and horse lips is an easy way to relax the parts you have more active/noticeable control over. Plus, it is silly and can make you laugh, which can be relaxing. If you feel too self conscience, you can just ask everyone in the room to do horse lips with you =D
I'd just like to pipe in with information that would have really helped me the first time around: There is nothing wrong with you or your coping strategies if you experience pain that can't be 'coped' with. Reaching the point where you don't think you can do it any more is perfectly normal. Coping works well for 90% of labor in my experience. For me, a rough 10% surrendering to pain that is beyond me. I honestly felt like such a 'failure' at birth when I had that...
This was a learning experience for me the first time around. My water broke, and 18 hours later, I was describing things to my doula as having contractions sometimes 10 and sometimes 15 minutes apart. She said, "Do you realize you're having a contraction right now?" Apparently, I was only counting the painful contractions, but I would have 2-3 non-painful ones where my uterus just gets hard, so they were really 4-5 minutes apart. It can feel a bit like the baby is just...
After a night of contractions (are they automatically BH if they aren't painful? These got stronger over the night, but not painful) and circus baby, I got about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. My midwife said that this can be signs of early labor that could pick up today, or last for a day or two before fizzling out or getting stronger. So, we know nothing! That said, I didn't sleep well last night, and my midwife has been up the past two nights, so I'm hoping for at least one...
Lovely thought! Better give this half hour a reasonable chance, then, and turn off the silly computer! Hope we're both sleeping well before then =)