or Connect

Posts by gabry

Does he sometimes fall asleep in the carseat? not as easy to bury his hands..
As for the first point: if he has pretty much followed his curve, I wouldn't worry about it too much, assuming his diet is/ will be healthy and balanced. As for point 3&4 - I agree those are parenting issues. I have never even brought those things up with a healthcare professional since I wasn't interested in their opinion. When asked directly for instance "How does he sleep?" I just say "fine". Heck, my 2 year old wakes several times a night, and my now 5 year old still...
Wow, I didn't check back in for a while, but it was even worse than I imagined initially. I'm glad you let her go! Good luck finding a better nanny!
Although it may be true that things work differently at different houses, there is not one of those things that I consider even remotely acceptable. Especially since it doesn't sound like you've known her for very long or she asks permission for anything beforehand. I had a sitter once who wore my pants because of a spill, but she washed and dried her own pants and washed mine afterwards before I got home, AND called me at work to tell me about it. If someone just put my...
I guess they didn't give you a timeframe? I too think 1 week or so would be anough time to call and ask/hint.
Me too I hate networking! Of course I never tell anyone at work that.. I would let it depend on how important the conference is, and what implications your participation or not might have. It also would depend on how comfortable I was explaining the reasons for declining. If I could get out of it without too much trouble/consequences, I would. Maybe suggest a future conference that you would like to do instead, farther in the future and/or closer to home. Now, if you...
I know you're well aware that there are a lot of "what ifs", and it's impossible to predict when you'll get pregnant and how the pregnancy will make you feel. That said, I would go ahead and start. You'll have a chance of having your baby when you would like it best, otherwise, you might wonder. Also, and this part is from the viewpoint of someone who's had several miscarriages and not much "fertile time" left - I would not let any practical considerations get in the way...
Like pps said: it depends on the situation and what other options there are. When we first signed ds up for "swim" lessons he was 3. He's tall, and wasn't afraid at all, so they put them in the group that was actually learning strokes. He hated it and I saw he wasn't ready for that, so I asked that they put him in the group that still mostly plays, and he loved it. Later we were at a different pool, the teacher wasn't great, and there were several kids that were very...
Dh has a much longer commute, and is usually gone 7am to 7pm. I do the morning routine, school and daycare dropoff. Our sitter picks up the eldest from school at 3.30, and cooks dinner for the family. I pick up ds2 from daycare, but if I have to work late, the sitter will do it at 4. She also cleans our house once a week. This works great for us. Although I have less of a commute, I occasionally have meetings in the evenings. We both travel abroad for a few days once...
Belgium is pretty good too and not near as cold . I get 39 vacation days 12 paid holidays sick leave "when needed" health insurance for the whole family yearly bonus of at least 12% pension plan 15 weeks paid maternity (by law) parental leave (by law), partially paid, to be taken as 3 months full time, 6 months half time or 15 months 1 day a week, which is what I'm using I can work at home, but in reality this is rare because of the many meetings etc.