or Connect

Posts by CoBabyMaker

I was given tons of materials for K-2nd but with three little ones and an elderly family member to care for I just don't feel like I can piece it all together.  Digging through it all, figuring out what is what and how/when to use and trying to make a lesson plan is just not something I feel like I can take on at this time.  Anyhow, I am looking at curriculum, specifically My Father's World, for first grade.     I have read a lot of reviews and most of them seem fairly...
One of my brothers completed his sophomore and junior years at home.  My other brother and myself completed our senior years at home.   It worked very well for us.  I can't remember all the particulars of why my brothers we at home (that was between them and my parents) but I was just completely over dealing with all the wasted time in school.  My Grandma ended up passing away that year and I was so thankful that it allowed me more time with her and time to grieve.  I was...
Thanks for the feedback ladies!  I appreciate it.  I probably question myself too much.  She is QUITE sensitive and is VERY easily discouraged so I feel like I am trying to find the balance between making sure we get to the write answer and knowing that making mistakes are normal. 
I have been trying to figure out the best way to handle it when DD gets an answer that is incorrect.  She is five so it's not like she is doing things and handing them in.  I am with her doing things.  For instance, today we were doing some addition with dominos  (count the dots on each side of the domino to make an equation, then count all the dots to find the answer) and when she counted the dots all together she missed one.  Would you have finished the activity and then...
kerc, Doesn't it feel good to get those things organized!  Great job!    
My MIL is an OT and she gave me a book called "Just Take A Bite" on that topic.  I haven't read it because that's not my daughters particular issue but it might be helpful.      I know this is an old thread but I feel the need to talk about this somewhere so...DD1 is 5 and we have known about her SPD for about two years (after a long time of banging our head against the wall in frustration) but have never told my family.  We tend to parent differently than them and things...
I think organization is about finding what works for you!  I agree with Ragana that having LESS is key.  I am also learning that what is the perfect system this year may not be the perfect system next year and that is OK!  It seems especially with little ones needs change quickly and we have to adapt to that. 
I was just sweeping and getting ready to take a picture of the living room for this thread when Dh got home and spread himself out on the couch with the 500 remotes and some snacks. Haha!  Maybe tomorrow!
That IS so exciting!  Congrats!  I have really been working on getting my fabric and craft supplies under control.  It's no easy task!
I love reading the responses on this! For me, some of it has to do with my own frustrations with school.  I liked school until the 5th grade and it was down hill from there.  I remember being irritated by the amount of time wasted in school from Jr. High on.  My parents allowed me to complete my senior year at home and I was so glad!  I was able to work and be available for people in a different way that I loved.  I also didn't have to wait to move on with my...