or Connect

Posts by CoBabyMaker

Karen, That hash sounds tummy!  I need to quit eating potatoes for breakfast, ugh.  I love them so.   How is everyone doing with their goals?   OK, not trying to toot my own horn but dinner last night was goooood.  Here is the recipe:  Mustard Apple Chicken
Yep, it's in everything.  I make a lot of things instead.  I haven't tried making cereal but crackers and many other things are pretty easy.
My DD is on the GAPS diet in addition to being off several other things and I am also off several things for my nursling.  I don't know all the ins and outs of the candida diet though.  My menu plan for the month is here: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1304936/april-meal-plans  It is free of all the things you listed.  Do you have an ice cream maker or can you get one?  You can make coconut milk ice cream with honey that is very good.  Or google banana...
  Perhaps I have been living in a cave but I have never heard that.  I love it.  I so needed to hear that!  Not so much with the grain thing but just life in general-and the quality of our meats.  We can't afford the best quality meats right now and I need to just let it go.  We're doing the best we can and overall eat very well.  Thank you for sharing that!   ETA:  Just found a blog with really yummy recipes!  Lots of them have eggs and/or dairy so they won't work for...
Yes, The hunger at first is hard.  It does pass though I still find I have to eat more but I am nursing so that may be why.   Beezer, HOOOORAY!  So glad that your DH still has a job!  It's always good to find ways to cut back though.  Hopefully you can figure out  DD's new intolerance soon. No fun.  What sort of reaction does she have?  I'm a little jealous of your hazelnut access.  Yum.   Cristeen, How long have you been grain-free?    Bodhi, Grain-free, egg-free...
Kimberely,   I'm so sorry!  That is soooo frustrating!  Lots of eggs (can't remember if you have allergies.) Nuts and seeds.  Sunflower seeds are cheap. If you have a food processor you can make your own sunbutter. Bone broth will certainly stretch things and up nutrition.  Salads should help stretch things too since lettuce is fairly inexpensive.    You were still having brown rice if I recall, if you tolerate it (or the kids do) that should help alot.  Do...
bodhitree- I am having a hard time getting used to eating more meat too.  I wasn't a vegetarian but I just don't love that much meat.  I made some sunbutter a week ago. Between DD and I we have polished of about 2 cups already.    I just feel like my body wants protein and fat but I don't want much meat.   (Goes for another spoonful...)   I made some beef with mushrooms in a wine sauce the other night that was really yummy.  I tried using butter in it though and DD2...
I use this method: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpxPoizVT9c I get my coconut through azure standard. 
Thanks you ladies.  I let her just stay up and take one nap a day for about a week.  She was exhausted, cranky, and a wreck.  For the last two days she seems to be taking her morning nap again, fingers crossed.  Of course she is also waking up at 5:45 or 6 am but I can't have  it all I guess.  Hopefully she will continue to go down somewhat easily until she is really ready to move to one nap a day.
I will have to keep working on stretching things using some of your ideas.  I think maybe I need to pack things up and put them away before we eat or we eat it all.   Mmmmmm, that gravy sounds really good!  I'm sorry it made your stomach upset.  I have seen a couple blogs that people made gravy and thickened it by pureeing onions caramelized onions.  I wonder if you might handle that better.    We had popcorn chicken and a big salad for dinner tonight.  I...