or Connect

Posts by CoBabyMaker

Is it ok if I start this?  I've never done a whole month at a time before so I am pretty excited!  We are dairy, corn, soy, egg, nut, peanut and gluten-free right now and DD1 is on the GAPS diet so I am trying to get more organized.  Here are our dinners, veggies may change if something else is on sale/looks great.   1-Orange chicken, broccoli 2-Eggs (DH only), Turkey sausage, fruit and hash browns (DH and I only) 3-popcorn chicken, salad 4-Beef and mushroom...
DD2 is 8.5 months old and has been fighting sleep the last few weeks or so.  I am at a loss because I also have a 2.5 year old.  I can't spend 30-40 minutes trying to get DD2 down for naps and leave DD1 unattended.  DD1 is fine for 5 or 10 minutes but longer than that and she starts thinking I have left or something and calling for me or getting loud.  DD2 used to just nurse to sleep  and me fine but has been having a hard time for a few weeks now.  She had a cold but...
I haven't made water kefir yet (my grains are en route right now)but I was just reading about putting eggshell in the first ferment to add minerals to the water.  Apparently some water doesn't have a high enough mineral content to keep the grains healthy.  Maybe leave the ginger out until you feel like your grains are healthy again and do a second ferment with ginger. Here is the post I was...
I've found that how far your grocery budget will go varies GREATLY depending on where you live.  My budget is about $550 a month including household items and I am seriously struggling to stay in budget (read:It's not happening).  Our family is DH (likes lots of meat, very little grains, won't really eat legumes) Me (currently off top 8+corn, nursing), DD, age 2 (On the GAPS diet and always eats a ton), DD, 8 mos(doesn't really eat much yet).  I am working on getting...
Are you getting enough fat and protein?  Toss out any notion you have of low-fat eating (if you do).  I add fat to pretty much everything.  Eat avocado, coconut milk, add EVOO to your rice, eat the chicken skin.  I've been making rice pudding a lot (with coconut milk). I am off dairy, corn, soy, eggs, nuts, gluten and peanuts so I know it can be hard.  Use different spices for variety.  Here is a post with what we are eating right...
Oh thank you!  I tasted it and I think I will check it again in 3-4 days since the flavor is still pretty weak. I'm just so excited that it's working!  Would adding some of the liquid from this batch help the next one along?  I can't use whey.
She is doing MUCH better today.  I would maybe feel comfortable with the cough syrup if her gut were better but we are dealing with food allergies so I don't want to push it.  I think she is on the mend!  Thank you!  
This is my first attempt at making a fermented food so forgive me if this is a silly question...I am making sauerkraut as per wild fermentation (cabbage, salt).  How do I know when it's done?  It's been about, hmmm, 5 days.  It smells "krauty"  but the cabbage doesn't look very broken down.  (Some recipes seem to recommend mashing it but I just packed it down.)  Do I just taste it and stick it in the fridge when it's to my liking?  I am so excited that it seems to be...
DD2 is 8 months and has a nasty cold/cough.  We gave DD1 lots of asorbic acid and elderberry and she is doing much better now.  Poorly little baby is SO congested and her cough is really terrible.  I'm starting to worry about her a little bit.  She is nursing, I put garlic on her feet at night, the humidifier in her room, we go the bathroom and steam it up a few times a day.  Is there anything else we can do for her or give her? 
NO, you don't need to night wean.  It seems to be popular for peds to recommend this and it's ludicrous.  Sounds like you and your baby are fine, happy and healthy so don't worry about it.