or Connect

Posts by lucifugous

That sounds like a wonderfully productive evening, tealsmith! My knitting has been set aside for a few days here, must remember to take it out when I can.    I let the dusting go. When I do get a chance to vacuum or wipe things down, I am always on the lookout for what needs a new home or needs to find its way to the "Go" pile.  I try to think of all objects in terms of their corresponding activities or uses, except the few that I find really attractive or meaningful....
Allllrighty.. we made great strides toward a more peaceful and orderly space overall, but over the last few days we've had quite a slip here. I need this!   Earlier: quick spurt of dishes, larger stuff, was able to fill the rack once. Next quick session: put away leftovers from dinner, scrub the chopping block real quick. Others (that I can do while working [listening]): fold those last few clean clothes that are hanging out in the basket that did not get dealt...
Good question - might need a jump start!   I made a long honey-do list today; my partner appeared to be attacking it steadily in the morning, but upon reflection he was just having a "kitchen" day! Massive load of dishes; we did various errands; then he made a gorgeous pasta sauce (the usual onion, garlic, spices, ground beef, tomato, with black olives) over a super wide noodle; and pears poached in cabernet sauvignon with vanilla, cinnamon, lemon zest, juice of one...
I like the name willfulmama too, a frequent reminder to check in!   Clutterwarrior, sorry to hear about your unexpected adventure!   Hello all, I have had just enough time to get things done lately and not so much time to write about it. Pausing for a moment here to mark off everything I accomplished- get this- before my morning alarm went off!   Got up and stretched (I need to do this every day!!) Lounged around with D Brushed our teeth Let her pick...
Hi happy March all!! We are approaching Spring   Thanks for the ant advice two weeks back, I might make some of that bait. I laid down some plan borax but it hasn't helped. A friend who also had an ant issue lately (must be related to the super warm winter we've had!) said that it needs to be boric acid (borax is, I want to say off the top of my head, sodium borate) and brought some over so we laid that down where they seem to be disappearing to/from.   I have...
Another long week, sorry for losing track. Had to buy a new phone unexpectedly, for the majority of the next couple weeks no-spend will be a must :o/
Hi all I had a mid-week slump but got everything in good order by Saturday night. There were ants, not swarms but more than just a couple, in the bathroom for most of the week. It started after the toilet overflowed (no solids, but still- toilet water!) and I should have disinfected then but it was late and it was all I could do to mop it up and then a little vinegar really didn't take care of it.... anyway I got around to the vinegar spray + H2O2 spray at the end of...
Thank you all for sharing with and inspiring me!!   Hello Euromama, welcome!   I just ran around and tidied a couple stray items, now set on housework except for dishes and running trash/recycling out to the alley.   easy day tomorrow: pick up D possible lunch at costco? she must take a nap. eyebrow appt 2:30         (thanks for reminding me, bejeweled! I have let them go since December and will have them done at one of the fancier places for once,...
1) Pizza for dinner $11.00 2) Groceries $17.98 two hours 3) Daycare $140  4) Transit to visit my mom $20 5) Groceries $60 6) $20 7) $20 phone & debts paid $225 over an hour 8) $35 Groceries $37 9) Daycare $140 More groceries $20 10) $3 coffee $3 baguette (have been buying so many groceries in preparation to host a gathering, this was the last of it!) 11) finally : ) 12) $15 $9.50 at farmer's market and $21...