or Connect

Posts by laurac5

If it makes a difference, my ds just threw up once or twice at the very beginning of my third pregnancy (when I posted the above) and then didn't anymore... I went on to nurse him to 18 months.   I don't know what I'd do if I were you, Jessica.  That's a long time to be doing that consistently.  How old is your nurseling?
We've been giving our kids Juice Plus, but we recently stopped giving my 2yo the fruit ones because they gave him a bit of a rash.  (I assume this is because of the cranberry in them -- he's allergic to strawberries and possibly to other berries.)  I'd rather find him a regular multivitamin at this point, but I was frustrated by all the options at the grocery store -- either they had HFCS and hydrogenated oils, or they had coconut (something else ds can't have).   Can...
Cheyenne is 8 months old and has the sweetest, most delicate personality.  She is picking up on some sign language, but all her signs look the same, lol.  She loves table foods, especially chicken and beef, and she tolerates baby food. (She's still primarily breastfed, though.)  She crawls by dragging herself, and she usually will pee on the potty first thing in the morning.  She is tall and skinny and nearly bald, like all my babies.     And as you can see, she...
Thanks to all of you who responded -- this is all super helpful.  We were at the ped's yesterday for our newbie, and I squeezed in some questions about ds's allergic reaction.  We came home with an Rx for an EpiPen, which the doc said wasn't necessary but that if it would give me peace of mind, she would be happy to send me with it.   I forgot to mention that the cashews ds got were raw.  I'm not sure I'll push it with cooked ones, either.   We did try ds on a...
Yesterday my 23mo ds had a reaction to something in my homemade Lara bars (cashews, dates, coconut oil, and chocolate chips).  Within 10-20 minutes of eating it, he got red bumps around his mouth, and today his poop was grainy and gave him welts on his bottom.     He has always been a pretty rashy baby, way back to before I introduced solids.  For a while we thought dairy was the problem, and while he was off dairy he ate a lot of coconut yogurt.  Although he never...
Yay! Keep us updated!
  Haha, with my first -- the one who came 15 days late -- I had one family member who messaged me every. day. starting BEFORE my due date -- and as it got later, sometimes multiple times a day -- if I'd had the baby yet.  I kept promising I'd tell her, but I guess she wasn't sure I would...  good thing I didn't tell her when I went into labor (because it was some 31 hours of it... even my parents were worried when they didn't get updates throughout that labor!)   And I...
I'm trying to look on the bright side, with tomorrow being 8 days past my due date.  Of course I'd love to go into labor overnight tonight, but whether or not I do, at least I feel like I've made the most of the extra days.  If I hadn't gone this far, I wouldn't have gotten to...   -get well from my cold -try (and like!) eggplant parmesan -thoroughly clean the shower, my way -completely unclog the sink in our bathroom -- without chemicals (gross, but honestly...
  YES!!!!  I panic every night after dinner and go on a cleaning spree to make sure the house is ready just in case I go into labor the next day.  I enjoy having a clean house, but the pressure is so much right now!   And yeah, both of the women at my church who had their babies already were due after me.  Another of the women, I believe had a later due date also, but she had a preemie last month or earlier, so of course I'm not envying her, but it's still hard to be the...
Bumping this up now that I'm 41 weeks...