or Connect

Posts by Pogo0685

Thank you both! Laura163 he has a few prospects, one for sure part time offer that he is going to take but its going to put us short by about 150 a week so he is looking for something better, but we will at least be able to afford food :-)!
I just really need to vent about this.   We have been trying (and failing) to get out of debt for a long time now. Every single time we try to do it and get on a better path something major happens. In January my husband got a job upgrade. He was told he would be making double what he made at his job at the time. Once he started the new job, the pay went down by a significant amount but they said it would get up to the agreed upon rate in the next few months. Well today...
I am having the same issues as you are with tiredness and not knowing what to do. My husband is helping me homeschool DS on the 2 days a week he is home from work. We school in very different ways so we are clashing right now. I have very much enjoyed reading the replies here and I am going to put some of it into practice. I don't really know if this is going to help you but this is what I am starting with for my DS and I hope to improve on it over time.   Wake...
After thinking about this all the time and very lengthy discussions with my husband we decided to try and stay in the house. I just wanted to update you all as I got a lot of good replies here. My mother in law did not want to give us any money to stay here. She hates our house more than we do. But going over and over and over it in our heads and with her she has decided to give us enough windows to make this house more liveable and fix the really bad issues with it. So we...
 We did that last year and for his birthday so we have family memberships to everywhere in town that wont expire until February and March of next year... We are possibly moving also so we are just so lost as to what to do. Its a great suggestion though! Thanks!
I went and got me 4 pairs of jeans from the thrift store, they were about 3 a pair. And we also bought 4 Pyrex baking dishes for $5 each. I was happy! I have no clue what to do for Christmas, my older DS has everything a kid could want. So much that we don't have room for all his stuff. My younger DS will get all of the toys DS1 had so he does not need anything, and then 2 days after Christmas is his first birthday. I am so stressed over it!
zebra15 - We do have some financial assistance from the hospital, however we still owe them so much money its not even funny. We are trying to see what else we can do. If I have to I can pay them all off with a credit card but then I will have maxed it out. And if one more thing in this damn house breaks we are screwed.   Yes we are 100% sure we want to go off-grid and get away from the system. Renting is not an option for us due to our animals and our desire to be out...
I think you are awesome! We are looking for property right now that is suitable to build an earth ship on, I would love to follow your journey. We hope to start building in the spring as soon as the snow melts.
I just told my husband about this and he said it was a great idea except the last few pans we need in cast iron, shoes, socks and underwear, and gifts. Gifts because we want to get my older boy a telescope for Christmas, and I wanted to get them towels with their names on them. But other than those things he thinks its a great idea! I really didn't think he would go for it. I'm kinda excited now, except if we move and we are planning to there will be a few things that we...
We have contacted 2 law firms and both said that what happened to him was an expected risk so no. Seriously he almost died in my arms. Most horrific thing I have ever seen or had happen to me. We are still going to contact one more lawyer and see what he says. We have tried to refinance 4 times in the last few years and no bank will help us because its a modular on a foundation, I don't know how the heck we got a loan for it in the first place if no bank will loan for...