or Connect

Posts by nkintzel

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. I think the letter is probably a little beyond what is appropriate or tactful. I also do not like toys that make noise, or really even anything plastic. EVERYONE knows this. Like a PP said, I tend to make a big fuss about it through the year, so that everyone knows how I feel. But, at Christmas, my MIL bought some REALLY obnoxious toys that make noise...and then said, "Don't worry! I bought these for the boys to play with at Nana's...
Have you tried the 3-day Potty Training? This is what we did. I think it was pretty successful. It took more than three days, but it got things started. The basic idea is that you devote all of your time to your kiddo for three solid days. Follow them around and catch every single pee and poop. Keep them in undies. Its an e-book that you have to buy, but I thought it was basically worth it.
Sorry for the multiple posts!   I wanted to add that you should DEFINITELY read "Ina Mae's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina Mae Gaskin. She uses some kind of strange terminology, but don't let that distract you. She is an absolute genius and very well respected both by midwives and OB"s around the world.   And I forgot to ALSO add that no, you are NOT crazy. I think that is a total failure of the modern medical system that we are left feeling as if we are not active...
I don't know why but the Reply thing is giving me a hard time...so, this is a continuation from my last post! Anyway, for our third child, I decided to go with a lay midwife. She'd been the birth assistant at our 1st homebirth and was closer to me geographically, so we hired her. I couldn't have been happier. I shared with her that I was kind of disappointed with how fast and intense the birth had been. NOt that anyone could have changed that, but I told her how...
  Hey Jessica. I am not in Ohio but wanted to weigh in on my experiences with midwives and doulas and why we made the choices we made. My first birth (my oldest daughter) was when I was 15! I had a traditional OB and while I wasn't subject to any interventions, it was certainly not what I would have wanted. I definitely felt, "along for the ride". So, when I got pregnant with my son 2.5 years ago, I knew I wanted something more participatory and I didn't want to be in...
I've seen those Learning Towers. Those are cool too. But, I meant these:   http://www.qualitytoys.com/set-of-2-play-stands-and-arch.html
LOVE: Ergo and Beco Chariot-we do a lot of cycling in the summer and this was fantastic! We also got the infant sling so we could put our DD in there. We bought off of CL, so it wasn't as shockingly expensive as it could have been. But, we use that thing all the time! In the winter, its an awesome double stroller for getting the kids out in the fresh air but keeping them warm and dry. 1.2.3 Swaddle blanket-lifesaver! Clip-on high chair   MEH: Swing-DS loved...
I am not in California, but I do have a SMALL bit of experience with this. My SIL had a CPS case opened on her when my niece was born with THC in her system. It was quickly closed after she and my brother passed some drug tests.   Anyway...you are not going to find what you need here. It sounds to me like you need to consult an attorney.
Oh boy. Yes. You are crazy! I'm sorry!!! I say that in the most loving way! You are setting yourself up for a LOT of work. If you don't want the dog to poop in the yard, where do you take him? Also, did you look at the needs of Labs? They are working dogs. They have a LOT of energy. They are bred for going out on a hunt, chasing down ducks and bringing them back. They need to swim, they need to play fetch. They need a LOT of attention.   I don't want to sit her and...
I have been thinking about this a LOT. This thread makes me realize that I NEED to get my bootie to the gym! I used to do awesome walks/bike rides with the kids and felt much better. But, now that my 2.5 year old will NOT get in the bike trailer/stroller, that is much harder. I have been contemplating joining the Y in town. It has a really nice childcare facility and there are so many things that they offer that will be awesome when my DS turns 3 in May.   I am going...