or Connect

Posts by nkintzel

Ok...I need help! We had an in-home nanny for our son and daughter starting when my son was 18 months and my daughter was 3 months. Then, the nanny left us (it was supposed to be temporary, but she never returned) so we put them in daycare. The daycare is very good, nationally accreditied, they don't feed chicken nuggets or hot dogs and do a pretty good job with fresh fruits and veggies, low ratios...anyway, its a nice daycare. It took my son a LONG time to get...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamatoA I scheduled a visit at another home care place and will go visit later this week. Maybe that will be a better fit. As for in-home (as in, in our home) care, it's too costly. It would eat up the majority of my earnings. Are you sure? I know that every area is different. But I think its still worth looking in to. We pay WAY more for daycare than we did with an in-home nanny. We found a nice woman that was a...
We've never had a problem with this. We just say "religious exemption". And sign in. No biggie. Nobody has ever asked any further questions. Its nobody's business. And honestly, nobody really seems to care, either.
Hi! I used Laura Gilbert. She is in Goshen, but that is still pretty close and I'm pretty sure that she'll do homebirths in Mishawaka. She is a CNM and works with another midwife...um...man. Her name is escaping me right now. Anyway, her site is: http://www.michianamidwife.com/ We had a very nice experience with our first home birth with her. She's professional and easy to work with!
Hi! I'm looking for either a nanny or a small, nice in-home childcare situation in LaPorte. I have two kids (11 months and 2 years) and I'm having a really hard time finding something good!!!! I would LOVE someone to come to my home, but would be open to someone else's, as long as I knew the kiddos were getting outside a lot, getting lots of imaginative play, etc. Shoot me a PM if you know of anything or are looking for a job!!! THANKS
Portage? Portage is pretty...umm....yucky. Its fairly industrial. The Michigan City Farmer's Market (about 30 minutes from Portage) is REALLY great! There is also a nice beach in Michigan City. (Washington Park beach) Washington Park also has a splash pad, which is like, 3 bucks or something. Michigan City is also where the outlet mall is. Central Beach is in Beverly Shores (in the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore) and is usually not very crowded. Though like G...
Quote: Originally Posted by prothyraia Maybe it was the personality of my oldest, but I've been both a SAHM and a WOHM and for me work had much more built-in downtime. If only the ability to take five minutes and use the bathroom all by myself. I AGREE. I just got off of a 3 month maternity leave and I've had much more down time at work today than I have in the last three months! hahha!
Ok, I posted before that they didn't ask if I had a CNM or CPM. Now that I've had the baby, they have paid, and they have it right on the form "Midwife's name, DEM" So, I guess it doesn't matter to them. What is frustrating me though, is this BS "allowable amount". Just EFFING PAY IT! It is WAY less than a hospital birth, so why are they balking? So, I am appealing to get them to pay more. They just gave me the allowable amount (which is less than my MW's fee) minus...
You've got a PM!
Awww, mama! I was due yesterday! And I'm having NO contractions. Haven't seen my mucous plug, nothin'. I'm starting to really believe that I could be pregnant forever! Don't worry! It will happen. Don't doubt your body! You can totally do this,and baby is going to be fine. Its so discouraging when you get to the end. Believe me, I know!!! I went two and a half weeks overdue with my first baby!! AAAAAAAAAAGH! That was really horrible! but ya know, my last one,...