or Connect

Posts by aussiemum

Congratulations to you and your family, mama! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful video of your birth, had to laugh at the "Man, that's a lot of water" comment too!
27 with my first, 29 with my second. I really wanted to have my birthing years done before I turned 30.
But what has been leaked has led to insights into the inner workings of governments which, more or less, control many aspects of our lives.  Shouldn't we know what our governments are doing?  In our name, essentially?  I do think that is key to a true democracy, just because I vote for someone doesn't mean they and the people they appoint are unaccountable after that.  I agree that what has happened to Bradley Manning is outrageous, but then again I find many aspects of...
I think I am aging out of this board as well.  It happens, many others have 'aged' out of here before.  When my kids were younger, reading about others experiences and their advice in GD was, for the most part, fantastic and I think it really helped support me to become a better parent.  Now I read occasionally in the older childhood forums and in TAO, but really, I mostly still miss the old War & Politics forum. 
I usually stay for most practices- soccer, athletics, touch footy, & horseriding currently.  Sometimes I will arrange with one of the other parents to drop my kids home after training, or take them to practice & i will do the pick up run in return.  I hate wasting petrol just so I can be home for 20 or 30 minutes; also their various practices seem to coincide with peak hour traffic, & I reeeally hate driving in traffic.  Sometimes I will do the grocery shopping instead...
Wow, really, it has a medieval basis?  I did not know that!  In Australia, c**t is a pretty offensive word, but is used colloquially to refer to someone (male or female) who is stupid, ignorant, a pain in the arse, etc.
And then down Mubarak went, it will be interesting to see if any other totalitarian dictators fall as well.  Libya's Ghaddafhi seems like the next likely candidate...  
You are not crazy, this is very do-able!  Sure, the flights may be challenging at times, but in this case the destination is worth the journey, iykwim.   I have never travelled with carseats, as it was not a priority for me to have my kids in carseats during the flight, but as this is important to you, it is very possible to make it happen.  I second the idea of having your older child walk beside the stroller & place one carseat in the spare stroller seat.  Also, if...
I think we all should bask in the glory of our uniqueness~ hell, the world could do with a heck of a lot more of that!  Along with tolerance for other's choices.....   Also, I am in agreement with other who say that being 'alternative' doesn't mean you must disregard all legal requirements.  I'm lucky that I live in a country where most of the laws make sense ie. speed limits, pay your taxes, wear your bike helmet, stealing is a crime, etc.  Laws that are asinine...
Thank you for your reply, I did get a chance to read it just before we left. We're now back from our quick visit, & I have to report that we thought Hamilton was a great little city!  Food was terrific, loved Hamilton Gardens, the Museum, the Arts Post gallery & the walkways along the Waikato River were great.  The whole area has an incredibly interesting history as well.  We were also able to drive a bit south & see some of the volcanoes (away from the touristy areas),...