or Connect

Posts by IHeartO

I am 31W and around 3-4 weeks ago the baby turned breech. It was head down at 26W and then one day I felt it turn and now it rests almost transverse in my belly. I was speaking with a doula today (not my doula, just a doula acquaintance) who noted that on rare occasions it is out of necessity that a baby turns breech that late, in an attempt to untangle from the cord. This bothers me mainly because for weeks now I can't shake the feeling that this baby is all...
I do have Grave`s Disease...I wonder if this contributed. However, I have been in remission for this entire pregnancy so it seems odd that it would influence this...unless I also have hyperparathyroidism as the article mentions, which is a possiblity, although something I have not discussed with my endocrinologist. It is due to my thryroid that I have been hypersensitive to other drugs in the past...I just never thought it would influence my metabolism of vitamins to...
That is an interesting article...all of this makes me wonder...if there are many women, some participating in studies, taking the amount I was taking, are you/they being monitored for levels? I have read a few posts where women are taking upwards towards 10 000 UIs a day, mind you perhaps they are not pregnant, but if this study will be offering 5000 UIs, and this will potentially boost levels beyond the prescribed "normal range" then is this safe? I guess what I am...
I'm in Canada. All she said was that the upper range considered "high" was 150 and than mine was 248...but I don't know the actual units or anything. I have been taking 2000 UI since getting pregnant, and 4000 for about 5 weeks. The only problem is that my result is based on the 2000 UI - I had the bloodwork and then after my dose was increased...makes me wonder why he didn't wait on the results before upping my dose. I can't seem to get a straight answer from any of...
D3. The range of the bloodwork (upper end) was 150...I'm at 248. Is that considered toxic? I am annoyed as the neurologist isn't in, my midwives have said "I don't know" (to be fair they were on the way to a birth and didn't have time to look it up", I can't reach my family doctor, and I dont' want to go in to the weekend worrying...argh!
I found out I was vitamin D deficient last spring and was told to start supplementing at 2000UI. I got pregnant in June and am now about 6 months. Recently, I saw a neurologist and he told me to up my dose to 4000UIs and also sent me for bloodwork. The bloodwork was based on my 2000UI a day consumption. Well his office just called and now said my levels are too high, but didn't say how high. I am trying not to panic until I know the actual situation, but seeing as I am...
I find it so frustrating that we are all inherently paying for a vaccine, being told to have one etc, but they won't take a simply swab from a "high risk" patient to help make a better decision. I can understand that swabbing every person with the sniffles might be a public health nightmare, but it seems to me that lining up with 800 people for 6 hours in the rain in November with a one year old while pregnant is also one! The "on call" doc actually recommended that I go...
Thanks ladies...it is so hard. I wouldn't really care except that being pregnant it would be nice to know if I did have it...especially when facing heavy pressure from everyone and their brother to have the vax.
I will try to keep this brief as I know there are more threads than one can count on this darn flu. BUT, I can't seem to find any feedback on this... New reports indicate that you can have H1H1 withOUT a fever. Has anyone had this experience? If multiple family members have the flu, would it not be likely that one would have a fever? Also, is it ALWAYS the progression from Fever/Cough to other symptoms...I assume there are many variations of "how" this might...
thanks all. I have never had any abnormal pap...but it has been a while since I had one..at least a reliable one. As mentioend I had one PP with DS one about a year ago but again the results are not considered valid. my problem is that I am a person who worries. when you say false positive, that would only apply to inflammation no? it wouldn't give a fall positive for dysplasia for example? I just don't want to spend the next 5 months worrying that they missed...