or Connect

Posts by somelady

I bought these: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/75264?feat=622-GN1&page=sunwashed-canvas-pants for that last time, and ended up wearing them all pregnancy because I hatehatehate maternity pants (especially the secret fit belly stuff that seems to be all you can find now), though I never got real big. Really anything with an elastic waist is likely to do you for that stage. Men's t-shirts tend to be somewhat bigger and longer, which helps too, but shirts seem to be more...
Looks like we've been bumped to team green, we have a very nice picture of the cord running down between baby's legs :) (though my hunch is still girl)
Probably not very helpful, but we got it to stop by going to Australia for vacation :) The radical time change seemed to reset him (though by reset I mean from 4:30 to 5:30). Maybe a light box would be able to get you some sort of help though?    Oh, and I imagine somebody will suggest that not nursing when he wakes up might help, but it didn't with my ds (though this was all shortly after turning two, rather than almost 3).    If you think he's actually hungry, what...
If they're already being difficult, are you sure they'll let you provide breastmilk past a year? My daycare provided food so I'm not sure how much he was eating, but at a year he was eating table food and just had whatever whole cow milk he wanted with meals. I still nursed at night, and it all worked ok, but I think my ds was more into food at that age than it sounds like your baby is, so I'm not sure how applicable this is, but figured a half-useful response was better...
It wasn't that funny he's just like "nah" and then proceeds to tell us about his (imaginary) brother living on the farm.   I really shouldn't have been surprised though, this kid won't believe we're out of yogurt without checking the fridge.
So we tried to tell ds (5) today..... He didn't believe us!
Thank you. I've been struggling through. Still not really relating to much of it (except, oh yeah, I should've had a doula, but I knew that already too....) *sigh* makes me worry both about my reaction and that the mw seemed to think it'd be helpful and it's pretty much the opposite (well, except bringing to light something I should probably discuss with dh)
I was planning on using this video somehow: http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2013/12/17/coke_life_ad_a_realistic_portrayal_of_what_it_s_like_to_become_a_parent.html We've been quite vocal about how we can barely handle one in the past so I thought it was fitting :)
Background: First baby I did hypnobabies and ended up with a poorly done transfer from a free-standing birth center. After 5 years and lots of therapy we are finally ready to try this again (or at least we thought so).   So after explaining everything to the new midwife, she recommends reading Birthing from Within. I tried starting it today, the first bit is awfully hippie-dippie for my taste and is giving me a bad case of the "well if I only...."s. Then it gets into the...
I have another month-6 weeks before I'm telling, since I'm not due till the end of July. DH and I had a bit of argument since my current boss used to work with him and he really wanted to be the one to tell her, which is weird but I let him have. The awkward part is that I'm in this program where I go to different offices and I was supposed to be starting at new office in May, so I'll be there like 2.5 months before I go out on leave....   Last time I ended up telling...