or Connect

Posts by somelady

Thanks for the perspectives.... DH agrees that shutting him in his room is a bad idea, but is also not happy with what I'm doing..... He can climb out of the pnp, and we already have problems with him rocking his high chair to the point where we're worried about him tipping it (this is an occasional thing, but if he wanted out I could see him doing it). It was better yesterday and this evening though, plus I can see some canine points coming through, so I'd imagine...
Well, part of the problem is that we're not totally sure what he's thinking when he's doing this. He's not generally angry. He more seems to think it's funny. Or to be trying to get our attention. I think that's part of why it's been so bad lately, one or the other of us has been laid up most of the week.
DS is 20 months, and has recently been hitting/biting/etc a lot. We've mostly been telling him "Don't bite me, that hurts" and maybe walking away if it persists. Well last night was really bad, we moved out of the room, he followed us and kept hitting/bitting. Eventually DH kinda blew up at him, so I took him out and distracted him with a book. We had a blow out about this later, with DH complaining that that was rewarding the behavior. He really wants to use time...
Supposedly you can go to any of the dumps and get free recycling and compost bins, when we went there we re big piles of recycling bins, but nobody seemed to know where the compost bins were. I think I had even called first, but it was a while ago, so I'm not sure. Everyone did definitely agree they should around somewhere though....
Ok, I've never gotten along swimmingly with my IL's, I find them pushy and intrusive, maybe otherwise this would be normal caring or concern, but.... So I had a bc transfer, that at the time I wouldn't have really described as traumatic, but as time went on it bothered me more and more.... Things were really just getting stirred up last summer. We were at my IL's beach place and dh's aunt had brought pictures of her new grandbaby from the hospital. I thought I was...
We just had dh take over bedtime... but we'd been using music, so we kept that as kind of a transitional thing. No luck with that at naptime though, then ds will just not nap, and make everybody miserable. We've always had major nap issues though.
my problems are pretty much all sexual, but physical therapy helped quite a bit, and I'm not even sure my therapist was very good. They can also evaluate if you're doing the kegels correctly, I read somewhere that most women are doing them wrong, and that can make urinary incontinence at least, worse. Good luck.
eh, she's doing better than my brother who at 26 still flips the bird pretty much whenever someone tries to take his picture. Though since it's now just for the immediate family we mostly just laugh about it. And I imagine being left out of family activities would have been considered just dandy when he was 14.
It's been a little more than a year. I've written it out in a couple different forms, and I went to a Birthing from Within workshop. I didn't get as much out of that as I could have, I think, because I'm not really sure why it upsets me so much... I keep going back and forth about asking for my records. I've been thinking about therapy, but that gets complicated, and I've already got a bunch of appointments for physical stuff I'm still dealing with, plus I work full...
the ones about the birth center where I was supposed to give birth. All these people commenting talking about how wonderful it is... I'm sure it would have been lovely if I'd actually managed to give birth there but I didn't. I felt pretty much abandoned at the hospital. I start thinking about posting, but then I'm not sure if it'd be against the review policy and even if it wasn't I'm afraid I'll get dismissed as a crank. Then I start second guessing myself, if I'd...