or Connect

Posts by MmeSunny

ITA that it was the specific Target that you were at. At my Target, almost ALL of the dolls are AA. It is hard to find an Hispanic, Asian or sometimes white doll there. My neighborhood is almost 90% AA. Stores are a business, they stock what sells there. They can't carry a wide selection of specifics in a B&M store. It makes good multi-cultural teaching sense to do so, but not good business sense. They need turn over. I would look at the websites listed from PP...
I'm sorry I haven't read all of the posts, but absolutely a lesbian couple can adopt. We are living proof. After trying for 5 years with a private "welcoming" agency and getting, for lack of a better term, screwed, we went with our county's DFACS office and became foster/adopt parents. Within 3 months of opening our home, we had our daughter, 2 months old, completely healthy. This in a southern US state not known for it's love for the GLBT community. Our SW were...
Hello, I was concerned about this as well during our process, especially as I am still on meds. Our agency and then county DFACS office just asked more questions. They asked how was I managing my depression and what did I do when I felt overwhelmed or depressed. I "spun" it into a positive really. After struggling with this for years, I KNOW what my triggers are, I know how to ask for help and when I'm going to need it. I have a support system in place. That's...