or Connect

Posts by melijack1

I went on Graco's website, and printed out their directive that Graco seats should be replaced after ANY accident, and will give that to the insurance adjuster when they come. Thank you so much for your help!
Thank you for your responses. I appreciate it!
I was rear-ended in the parking lot of the arena on Saturday before the Walking with Dinosaurs show. Everyone was fine, it was a very minor accident with just some rear bumper and trunk damage, but I am not sure if I should be acquiring a new carseat for my son or not? He is 4 1/2, 45 pounds, harnessed FF in a Graco Nautilus. It was practically a no-speed crash because we were waiting in line to pay for parking, maybe 5mph? I kind of think I don't need a new one, but I...
Thank you for the warm welcome ladies! So, his name is Dan, and we have been talking since early January. We met when we were both in 6th grade. I was 12, he was 11. We knew of each other, but didn't become friends till high school, after his dad died our sophomore year. From that point we were pretty much peas and carrots. I kind of knew that he always wanted there to be more, but we were VERY young, and I was dating an older guy all through my HS career. Dan (or...
Hi, I am wondering if I can possibly join this group? I have been divorced since August (separated from Ex for a little over a year, but divorce final in August). I am currently in a LDR with someone I have known for 20 years...since middle school. He was my best friend in high school, and we casually dated, but no physical stuff, before I met my ex husband and moved away from home. I had no contact with current BF for 12 years, and then in early January he found me on...
I am not aware of anything on the books giving step=parents rights. I just divorced my ex this past August, and unfortunately part of that divorce was my darling, sweet 12 year old stepdaughter, whom I have been a part of her life since she was a year old. Fortunately all of the adults involved, including her mother and stepdad, discussed the situation and determined that it was in her best interest to continue a relationship with me and my family. We love her, we have...
DS has a firetruck Crest Spinbrush and he loves the firetruck and the fact that it's electric. He knows that it's his turn first and then I get to finish up. The fancy toothbrush option worked for us but honestly, he just knows that toothbrushing is non-negotiable so like at preschool he just has a plain toothbrush and it's fine, because he knows he HAS to do it when he is told to do it. It's just a necessity of life, and part of his daily routine.
From what many family members and friends have told me, 4 is just a very tough age. My son just turned 4 and his late 3-current has been harder than any other period in his life. Looking back at my DSD's young childhood, 4 was tough with her too. But it is also very fun and rewarding. My DS is better behaved when we stick to his routine. I try very hard to keep his life as predictable day-to-day as I can. Also my Ex goes on the same routine so both households are the...
What about Hasbro Wheel Pals? They are cars that are softer rubberized with plastic wheels and very light. My son loved these. http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...&ID=23655&PG=1
DS, age 4, has had his lovey since he was 5 months old. It's one of those little blanket animals (teddy bear head with a blankey attached), and I love it because it is small and easily portable. We have 2, and he knows there are two. He leaves one at preschool all week for naptimes, and has one at home. They are frequently washed because I wash the home one when he is at school, and the school washes all bedding once a week, and it just goes in with that.