or Connect

Posts by melijack1

Quote: Originally Posted by vbactivist HEre is andglea's response. She just says they dont' use toddler beds, they use, a full size bed, but her daughter is still in teh family bed. she didn't say "co sleep for ever and ever". Part of the op was "are toddler beds worth it". I'm sorry, I didn't realize that I had pointed out Alegna's reply specifically. I didn't. There were a few "we cosleep" responses, not just hers. I never pointed her...
My impression is that the OP would LIKE for her child to transition to their own bed, and their own room, so posts like "we should cosleep forever and ever" are not particularly helpful to the direct questions she was asking. If she had wanted advice on the family bed/cosleeping I bet she is smart enough to recognize there is a whole other forum for that. My son moved to toddler bed at 2yrs 1mo. We only did the toddler bed because his crib was convertible, and he has...
Quote: Originally Posted by swd12422 I never said she bit herself to be manipulative. But clearly she is in desperate need of attention, and was trying to get it from the OP (since she can't seem to get if from her own family, sadly) by staying in the situation and saying she was afraid. Have you never heard of "fight or flight?" Her instincts would have told her to get out of the house. I *DO* think her anxiety was very real and caused her to bite...
My 3 year old sat beautifully just in the seat when we flew about 1500 miles in January. He was old enough to understand that he had to sit still and behave, and he did not mess with the seat belt at all. He was great. I was travelling alone with him,2 carryons and my purse, with a layover, and a stroller and I didn't want to juggle a car seat as well, knowing he could be well behaved enough to sit nicely in the seat belt. My sister brought her extra car seat, so we...
My ex gets every other weekend, Friday 5:30 to Sunday 6:30, and every Wednesday evening from 5-7pm. It is working out pretty well actually. For holidays our papers state rotating holidays. Thanksgiving is from Wednesday evening through Sunday evening. Christmas is divided in half, beginning of the school holiday/end of the school holiday. So yeah, it will be rough on years that my ex has C at the beginning half which encompasses Christmas Eve/Day, but you know, so we...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenalexcase I have been trying to be positive about this and being the bigger person about this but its hard. Flat out it sucks! I am not looking for people to tell me to go court or not go to court. I have been trying to work this out with her dad and got no where and then decided to try and talk to the girlfriend and it was like talking to her dad. I want everyone to know that when I have my daughter I make the best of it and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenalexcase Yes I have talked to my daughter's dad about this but he doesn't see the harm in it. He doesn't think that his girlfriend is doing anything wrong at all. I forgot to mention something eles. His girlfriend refers to me by my first name when talking to my daughter when they have her. She dosen't say things like "your mommy" to her. This is skirting parental alienation. Do you have anything in your papers...
My sisters and I became "latchkey kids" at 9, 11 and 12 for two hours each school day. I started babysitting other kids when I was 11. It was a different time then, yeah, but I still see no fault with what you are doing. You are laying out clear and concise rules and safety guidelines, and it is not for extensive periods of time. Do you perhaps have a neighbor who could just keep an eye on your house while you are gone? Not babysit, but just be there for the girls if...
Honestly I don't know how enforceable it is...but the fact that it exists in our papers is a reminder of our agreement, and hopefully we both just abide by it. In Minnesota there is a serious conflict when there is parental alienation, and a really good lawyer could turn this into a big deal, and the state takes that pretty seriously. So it's that it would not be easy to prove, but if there were witnesses to it, then maybe...hopefully it doesn't come to that.
I am/was a stepmom (still am!) for 10 years until ex and I divorced this summer. I am still active in my DSD's life. She has called me Mom since she was 18 months old. It has always been that I am Mom and her mother is Mommy. For 10 years that's the way it has been. Now she varies between Mom and Melissa, and either is fine with me. Her mother knew that she called me Mom, and it was discussed and approved. Now I am in the other seat...a mother to a 4-year old and Ex...