or Connect

Posts by melijack1

One DS, age 4 (on Sunday), 41lbs. Brand spanking new Nautilus in my minivan - primary seat as it is the only extended harness seat I currently have. I will install it in my mother's or my ex-husband's vehicles when when my son is with either of them, but we have several backups: Cosco HBB - Ex husband's Graco TB (2 backless and one HBB) Cosco Summit HBB Graco ComfortSport (grown out of finally) Graco CarGo HBB Cosco Scenera (grown out of, but loved this seat) Evenflo...
My son, who is almost 4, has had a loft since he was about 3 1/2. It is technically a junior loft, and the top of the mattress is about 5 feet off the floor, with a railing that goes all the way around the bed. We have never had a problem with it. We have 8 ft ceilings. Here is a picture of his loft: http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2.../NewBed008.jpg
I just bought the Nautilus today for my son, who will be 4 on Sunday, 41 pounds, 42 inches. This forum contributed in large part to my decision, but even bigger than that, I have a dear friend who was in a terrible accident, and her sweet 4 year old dd was saved by being properly restrained in a harness (Britax). That was it for me. He had been in a Graco TurboBooster for about a month or so, and now that TurboBooster has been given to Grandma for emergency use, since DS...
This. PKU picked up hypothyroidism in me 31 years ago. Without that test, and the synthroid I have been on since I was 2 weeks old, I don't know if I'd even be alive or normal now. I was born with a completely nonfunctioning thyroid gland. One small, inexpensive, pill every day saved my life, and sustains my life. And like a previous poster said, some of these disorders can be solved by dietary changes which wouldn't require medication. I find it hard to believe this...
Well, it's done. I am divorced.
I have been more of a lurker than a poster in this thread, but I want to say thank you, so very much, for the support that you didn't even know you were providing me through the last five months. Through reading your threads I have discovered a quiet strength shared by all of us. So as cliche as it sounds, tomorrow really is the first day of the rest of my life, and I owe a debt of gratitude to you all, for sharing your stories, for being kindred spirits, and a shoulder...
So, Wednesday is a big day. I've petitioned the Court for a default hearing for stbx not responding. He hasn't filed a response with the court, and what he sent my attorney can hardly be called an answer. The problem is that the judge might take pity on him for representing himself, and no having any legal knowledge, and let it be that what he did send did constitute a response. Anyway, asking for your p&pt that it is over on Wednesday, one week before my 31st...
I am going to have the diamond unmounted and fashioned into a mother's necklace or something similar, with my son's birthstone added to it. The diamond is just too pretty to part with. I love my ring, and darn it, I went through A LOT in my marriage, and I earned that rock! The gold I'll have melted down to make the setting for the necklace.
I have a default hearing on the 15th of July, since my STBX has not responded to anything. He tried to send a response to the court, but he does not have an attorney and did not know there was a filing fee to respond, so the Answer was returned to him. I think now he is just going to take his chances at the hearing, but I don't know. He is relinquishing custody of our son (who will be 4 in Sept.) but wants me to agree to a reduction in CS by more than half of the state...
Quote: Originally Posted by pinetree This is a really good idea. It's not what the courts usually propose but it sounds a lot more peaceful for the children during the holidays. My lawyer told me that one is what seems to work best, for parents who are agreeable to it. I know that the way STBX and my DSD's mother have it set up is very difficult to work around. With her, one parent has her from the evening of the 23rd to late evening on...