or Connect

Posts by melijack1

I could have written most of your post myself. My DH definitely does not want this divorce, and has bent over backwards to try to prove to me what a changed man he is. However, after this many years of abuse and broken promises, I no longer respect, love, or TRUST him. It is hard to stay strong day after day when they are begging, and charming, and all of that. If you know in your heart it's what is right for you and your babe, it is right. I hope he reconsiders about...
He didn't take notes during the session, but I guess I would have assumed that he would have dictated notes or something afterwards. I guess I need to call him, maybe.
Have any of you ever had counseling records, or therapists themselves, subpoenaed? Chris and I had joint counseling last night, and he admitted to the physical abuse during the counseling session, as well as to playing mindgames with our son, and the horrible verbal abuse as well. I am going to talk to my attorney about it of course, but I am wondering if any of you have ever used therapy records in your cases? My husband assumes there is total confidentiality, but I...
Emilie - you have a right to statements of your retainer account on a monthly basis, or certainly at least some reasonable time frame. I specifically told my attorney that I wanted ITEMIZED DETAILED statements of my account so that I know what my retainer is doing. I haven't gotten one yet, but it should be coming soon. Generally if you try to keep your phone calls and e-mails with the secretary for minor things, it isn't charged like it is if you call or e-mail the...
I am at the start of my divorce journey. In fact, he will be served this evening with the Summons and the Proposed Termination of Marriage Agreement. In mine, it says he has 30 calendar days, exclusive of the day of service, to respond with a counter or signature, or we will immediately go into a request for a default judgment. GENERALLY if the proposal is reasonable, it will be granted by default. He will get notice of the default hearing though, and does have the...
DSD's name is Monalea(Lee-uh) Halle (like the actress Halle Berry) Paloma C. She goes by Mona. Her mother named her, DH had nothing to do with it, so I am not sure as to the story behind her name. DS's name is Colton Steven-Michael. Since Mona and I both start with the letter M, and if DS had been a girl, would have also been M, we wanted to pick a C name to go after DH's name (Christopher). It was down to Caleb and Cole. We liked Cole, but wanted something more. My...
I am a well-educated, highly verbal person with an extensive vocabulary. I know when it is, and when it is not appropriate, or shall I say, is accepted and when it would be frowned upon. Still, sometimes nothing quite does the job as well as a good DAMMIT! I swear when I know it is not going to offend anyone. I try not to swear in front of my son, but I am not perfect. Instead of worrying about the random curse word, I have taught my son that meanness will not be...
Quote: Originally Posted by maddiethecat He has been really wonderful the past two days. If he had been like that from the start, this story would have a much better ending. I regret not having my legal ducks in a row before telling him I want out because now that he trying to be dad-of-the-year, it is harder to go. I've told him that I don't love him anymore, and he argues that I did love him once, and thinks I can again. I'd rather move...
DSD has a wardrobe here, and a wardrobe at her mom's. We rarely intermingle, but we get clothes frequently from a cousin of mine for DSD, and at that time we go through her clothes and send a bunch home for school, so she basically gets new-ish clothes for both places. I know her mother appreciates the (almost)new clothes every couple months. With DH and I divorcing now, I would imagine we will do the same. DH can have half of DS's clothes and toys and things, and...
OP, your post brought tears to my eyes because it is so personal to me. I think there would be nothing more special to her than to get that thank you. Some stepmothers, like your M's stepmother, and I guess myself, who become so very invested in their stepchildren. I have known my DSD for 10 years, since she was 13 months old. I have so much gratitude to her mother for allowing me a strong and constant roll in DSD's life, as well as my family. DH and I now are getting...