or Connect

Posts by melijack1

My favorite word is damn. It's a damn fine word. DS has dropped it a time or two. STBXH's favorite word is the F bomb, and DS has never said it because he's seen me scold his daddy for it so he figures he better not try it.
This thread is genius...thank you so much. I put in that DH cannot have DS for overnight visits until he receives documented and long term anger management counseling, and he must have adequate housing in the form of a house or apartment (since he's living in our camper right now). Also, if he pushes for joint custody and I eventually have to give on that, I will require that I get sole discretion of where DS goes to school.
OP, I could have written your post, other than there are a few less people in my situation who are "on his side." DH is BEGGING me for another chance and I just refuse. Like you, my heart has checked out of my marriage. It's all gone. Not only do I not love him anymore, I don't even like him much, and this new "I found God, I'm a changed man, Jesus wouldn't want this" stuff has no power over me. A month of good behaviour (in a creepy stalkerish way) does not erase ten...
He left last night. He just said he is going to get some help, but refuses to say where he is going, other than "not anywhere near here." I am living in the house, because my attorney said that was important for going for sole custody, to show as much as my son's "normal life" is in my control. I am taking precautions, and not staying there alone. He will be served probably the day he gets back, as the sherriff's office will have the documents on Monday for service.
Thank you Trisha. I am lucky enough to have several very good friends and neighbors who can help at a moment's notice. I assure you, I am taking nothing lightly.
Thanks for the well wishes. They are appreciated. He told me yesterday that he will fight for joint custody. We'll see. I don't really know how he will afford to do that, unless he plans to put a retainer on a credit card. In one breath he tells me he will sign the papers, but in the next he tells me he will never allow me to take our son away from him. I gave generous visitation, but that doesn't seem to matter. I really like my lawyer though. She is smart,...
Ladies, thank you for this thread. I am at the very beginning of my single parenting journey. DH and I have been separated for one month now and I just signed my divorce papers yesterday so now he will be served and we'll see what happens. I am so scared of being a single mom and this thread is good therapy for me.
I signed divorce papers with my lawyer today. Now he will be served and we'll just have to see how he reacts. He is going to be seriously pissed about the child support order, but the state determines that, not me. He was really hoping I would give him joint custody, but I won't do that at this point because my husband is seriously unstable. In fact he SAYS (but I doubt) that he is checking himself in for psychiatric treatment for a week. I don't know what he thinks...
I am wondering if you have a safe exchange/visitation service? We do, in the Fargo, ND area. It's called Rainbow Bridge, and we used it with DSD when she was very little because STBX and DSD's mother did not get along. FYI - I don't intend to use it with STBX for our son, because I'm hoping we can get along. I would maybe try asking your local social services department, or your mediator, or even local law inforcement if they know whether there is a safe...
Colton Steven-Michael Lastname Colton - we liked Cole very much, but wanted more, and then my bff who was also pg suggested Colton. I had never heard that name before, but apparently there are several because I hear it often now. Steven-Michael are after his two grandfathers. Unless you count the hyphen in the middle name, everything is traditionally spelled. DSD is Mona - uncommon for children, and her two middle names are also uncommon, but please forgive me if I...