or Connect

Posts by melijack1

My son is 3 1/2, and for about the last four or five months I have been comfortable with getting him in, getting him washed up and then dumping his toys in and letting him play for a while. Once I'm done with the washing up part I go into his bedroom (on the same floor of a 1,000 sf house) to get his towel and jammies. Then I go back into DSD's room and watch TV or read on her bed. The bathroom (we only have one) is in Mona's room, because it is supposed to be an office...
I am taking 13 credits of online courses, as well as working full-time. I would not have been able to return to college if not for online learning options. I will have a Paralegal degree from a Tech school in Minnesota, where I live, an accredited program. There are some excellent online learning options out there. The key is time management. My school time is from 8-midnight six days a week, and on the seventh day I try to work for a few hours a day as well. Now...
I am also very nearly single, filling out the paperwork for my divorce lawyer as we speak. I am in my second year of what will be 3 1/2 years for an Associates Degree. I work full-time and I have a 3-year old son. I do my college online, through the Minnesota Colleges and Universities distance program. I work during the day, and do college at night, after my son goes to bed. I don't get a lot of sleep, but I manage to work 40 hours a week, take 12-14 credits per...
I am just starting the process, have paid my $200/hr a $5000 retainer, a loan from my parents. He does not want the divorce and will likely contest a lot of things, but he doesn't plan to get an attorney. Right now he is in total denial that it is going to happen. He thinks we are just going through a hard time.
Mona is much older (11 1/2) but she LOVES Webkinz. She enjoys the site, and I enjoy knowing it is a safe place for her. The site is designed well, with no real chat function (you can choose from various pre-written sayings, from what I could tell), so I feel it is safe for her. She loves the games, and keeps all of the animals in a stuffed animal hammock in her room. I think your children would like the animals, as they are a nice size and rather cute, but probably...
Mona's mom comes in every time she drops her off. She usually stays in the entry because it's a brief but pleasant exchange. Any time anything has changed in Mona's room she has been anxious to share that with her mother and her sister (who is not DH's child, so half sister), and we welcome that. Mona's mother will always be welcome in our home. But we have a good relationship with her and her DH. I have been in Mona's mother's house, but not upstairs to Mona's room,...
I have been in my DSD's life since she was 13 months old, and my DH and I married when DSD was 2yrs, 10mos. She has, since around the time we got married, called me Mom and her mother Mommy. She is now eleven and a half, and still calls me Mom. I guess I am very lucky that I get along so well with her mother, because her mother is aware and supportive of it. She will even refer to me as "your mom" when she talks to DSD about me (i.e. "your mom will pick you up...
Mona was in a booster until she was 8, at least at our house (she is my DSD who lives with her mother most of the time). She said she liked the booster, actually. We did not meet with too many raised eyebrows. She is now 11, but has always been big for her age, so she was tall enough and heavy enough at 8 to take her out of the seat and still have the belts fit her properly.
I am the stepmother of an 11 year old girl. I think one of the most important rules I follow is that her father and I present a united front, we are a team, and she knows it, but as far as the actual disciplining of her, in large part it is up to her father. I am lucky that she is a good girl and generally respectful. She knows she has to respect me just like she would her own mother, because it is what her father expects of her, and he will tell her so. You are right,...
We live on the North Dakota/Minnesota border. My son was born in September. Therefore he spent his infant months in the frozen tundra, where it is totally normal to have days with wey below zero wind chills, where one can hardly breathe. Rarely did I bring him out, only when absolutely necessary. When I did, I carried the bucket inside wherever I was going, because it was quite simply too cold to take him out. I didn't have him in a heavy snowsuit, due to car seat...