or Connect

Posts by metalgypsy

Hi! I am a mommy to my 3 year old boy and step-mom to a 9 year old boy and a 12 year old girl. My husband works, often late, and goes to school, so they are under my care a lot of the time. My husband and his son live upstairs in an apartment and his daughter, our son, and I live downstairs due to space issues. We also have a lot of different ideas about parenting and lifestyle so a bit of seperation works for us. However, the older kids often prefer to stay upstairs,...
My 2.5 year old seems to be having a hard time with his older siblings moving in about 2 weeks ago. He seems to enjoy them and has been very, very excited but it also having some issues with jealousy, sharing, and just the energy and vibe in general. My DH and the kids did not have any gentle discipline in their lives, and we have been trying really hard to start on this path with our child. I need some help figuring out how to help my son process this change, and also to...
My 2.5 year old son, when he is tired, he get really hyper and starts throwing stuff around, or will go to a surface and sweep everything off of it, or throw clothes out of a laundry basket, or pick up fragile items, like a glass on a table and throw it. A lot of times, I am not in an ideal situation to get him alone and calm, and when there are others present, saying, "no," and getting stressed about his behavior, it is like they have pushed an accelarator button on him,,...
Thank you for all the info! I will be checking out your blog!
Hi! I will be visiting family in Dickinson, Texas soon and I have never been to the area. I will be with my 2.5 year old son, and might want some mama's to talk to or even meet up with for support. Looking to make a couple of friends before we go. I haven't seen my dad in 20 years, (who we will be staying with). Just wanted to check in with other naturally-minded, gentle/AP parenting moms!
I'm a mother to a 2yr4mo. old little boy who is the light of my life. My step-daughter, who just turned 12, has been living out-of-state with her mom for the summer but has been living with us full-time for 3 years. I just found out for sure, after it being mentioned a week ago, that it is 99% positive her younger brother, who is 9, is moving in with us at the end of the summer. The reason being is he hates his school in the small town in IN where his mom and step-dad...
For weeks my son has had his typical teething behavior, which is drooling, biting, grawing on things, night waking, more aggressive/impulsive/fussy behavior, poop changes, etc. looking in the back of his mouth, his gums are swollen and white like teeth are getting ready to erupt. he already has his 2 year molars. any thoughts?
Help! I have no idea how to handle this. My son has been acting out in a lot of ways the last 3 days, which i think is due to cutting his molars, and the fact that his dad and older sister (my SD) just left town for 2 weeks. Also, the night before my DH left, he was home with DS while i took his daughter out to dinner. DS was very fussy, getting into everything, and could not sleep, and DH was stressed and got overly frustrated when DS bit him on the knee. (pushed him back...
Wanting to try wearing my toddler again, and looking for a new one. Anyone wear such a big guy? What works?
My DS just turned 2 the 12th and I started, on that day actually, leaving him for 5-7 hours a day to be a post-partum doula. He is staying with daddy, and I think it is going well. Before this I have been the 24/7 parent and have very infrequently left without him, and he has never shown seperation anxiety from me in those situations, though he does in the house, like if i go into another room. He still sleeps with me and likes to be carried a lot. Before now, DH has not...