or Connect

Posts by hfitzheather

I cook noodles the night before, when it's starting to cool off. Then the next day we eat them cold with cucumbers, maybe some red onion and cilantro and mirin, or mint and wine vinegar. Or we eat the noodles with kimchee--yum! Rice noodles are nice--the cooking is minimal, like 3 minutes.   I also make pasta salad the same way--noodles the night before, then just chop raw veggies and toss the refrigerated noodles and veggies with an oil/vinegar dressing the next...
Sounds like my son nursed like yours. He did it till he was 2 1/2, when his first molars came in. Nights were tough...every 3 hours was a "good" night. We were so sleep deprived. I was often a bit, ah, grumpy when awakened. Then I got tendonitis in my shoulder from all that side lying. Suddenly, my boundary was clear. I had not been willing to set boundaries when it was "just" sleep but when I was clearly injuring my body I was. I found myself able to calmly say,...
Thanks for your responses. Migraine is mostly gone and I'm well-rested at the moment and feeling like I can keep going. Just avoid all fun foods. Really, how can I complain? That is within my ability to control.
My son is 4 and still nursing. I have got to be the world's biggest proponent of natural weaning ever. But right now I think I just need to vent/seek understanding.   I seem to have had an outlier-type experience breastfeeding. It's been the most difficult thing I've ever done, physically. I'm flashing back to my lactation consultant (one of three I eventually hired) saying, “Well, you probably don't have thrush AND oversupply AND Raynaud's.” Well, guess what, in...
My favorite response to "Are you still breastfeeding" is "Oh, I stopped a long time ago...but my son still loves it."
Glad that worked for you. Didn't for me. I ate nothing but lemon juice and meat for 3 months (or so it felt like!).
I'm sorry you were so unsupported too. Best wishes this time around. Maybe you won't get it at all. If you do, I do believe that if I had been able to jump on it right away (rather than having my doctor dismiss it and say of my lactation consultant's suggestions, "That sounds like a bit of an overreaction, don't you think?") I would have had a more normal experience and gotten rid of it quickly.
Hello Mamas,   I've had thrush that WON'T GO AWAY FOR 3 YEARS now and am STILL NURSING. I have done everything to get rid of it, have finally made peace with it (it's still there though much decreased) and thought I'd share my experiences for those who have tried fluconazole, gentian violet, GSE etc. to no avail.   Disclaimer: I'm not saying you will have thrush for 3 years. A lactation consultant I saw with 30 years' experience says I'm only the second mom she's...
My son didn't have white patches either, leading my doctor to say nope, not thrush, but 4 separate lactation consultants saw me and said within moments of walking in the door, "oh, thrush." But have hope, have hope! Today is, glory be, my 10TH PAIN-FREE DAY! Nursing is, for the first time (my son is 11 months old), lovely! I actually reached down from the breakfast table and started nursing him while eating breakfast! (Up till now, had to go into the bedroom, gear...
Hello paulamc, I remember Jack Newman's idea behind including antibiotics in APNO was slightly different than suspecting staph, but nonetheless, I found valkyrina's post from 11/17 interesting (just copying and pasting...don't know all the ins and outs of this forum stuff): Some of you who are battling super yeast, have you had your milk cultured? I battled yeast for weeks and weeks and weeks with no effect at all. It turns out that the yeast was killed pretty quickly...