or Connect

Posts by amlikam

Just wondering how we all are doing with finding the beads and getting the sent. I received a few but know more are coming!! :-) I am excited to see them all and send them out to you all.
Just risked myself out of homebirth with Gestational Diabetes. *sigh* tried to manage it with diet and exercise but I am thinking some insulin might be beneficial for my overall care. So disappointed but happy to know I am doing what feels right for me and my family.
Just risked myself out of homebirth with Gestational Diabetes. *sigh* tried to manage it with diet and exercise but I am thinking some insulin might be beneficial for my overall care.
Sky and lavender this is me saying "boy do I feel you here!" Minus the pupps most everything you write could be my words. I've also had signs of preterm labor and gestational diabetes (I am starting insulin for it today or tomorrow) - and was risked out of homebirth so now I am seeking a new provider. I swear I am so stressed an my DH has been an amazing support. Without him I might have eaten dd or something because of my crazy hormones. As for my friends many are used...
my first baby was 4lb 9oz... so not too worried. She also was 35 weeks gestation and all this stress has been causing my body to start "warming up" - I am on high alert for signs of labor starting early and we might do the lung steroids as a precautionary- I need to research that first. UGH   This little bean is giving me a run for my money... facial hair, warts, gestational diabetes, risked out of home birth, ..... I swear I hope this isn't the beginning of it all...
Feeling terrible, met with the endocrinologist today. They insist on treating with insulin. My levels are higher but in range for someone not pregnant but "out of control" for someone who is pregnant. I also feel like she thought I was lying about how I eat and exercise, though I keep a journal of it all. (Which tjey declined to even look at!!) I am inclined to decline the insulin but then I am worried about having a provider (OB) who will be hostile in how they work with...
I feel like sizing down for the ktan was what I preferred for an optimal fit. I'm a bigger girl with big breasts and my normal size in the ktan was too big for a good fit.
We are Velcro or slip on only for such a reason. :-D
I am 32 weeks and my fasting # are higher. Today I meet with my endocrinologist and OB to talk about my levels. I am feeling insulin is something I don't want to take for several reasons- including the amount of stress I will feel doing it since it reminds me too much of my dad who died this past October. Also I feel it might be too aggressive treatment at this point. It is relatively a new process as we just really discovered all thus within the past month. Beans bring my...
carbs are almost non existent in my world = what is pasta  :-/