or Connect

Posts by amlikam

I just want to say as well that DD did several weekend with my DH when 2 and didn't wean like I feared she would. So if you can keep going until then I bet you can continue to BF until it feels right to stop.   Good luck!
Thank you for that link sweet huck!!!! I am feeling a little flustered. We found out and DD started telling people so we figured we might as well share the news too. However I have been very careful to say the baby has a penis vs we're having a boy. But already pronouns are being used and gender is being assigned. It is much easier to say with DD that we were avoiding the whole gender/sterotype thing... though very early she self assigned to feminine dominance with a...
I love reading what you all are doing. Perhaps it would be good to do a ritual today/tonight with DD since DH will be going out to watch the Super Bowl. *yawn* so we will have some super home time. Though I was planning on folding laundry. Any cleaver way to tie the 2 together? ;-) The digging up earth sounds good and I have actually been called to do it for another reason, so I could put those 2 together. Yes perhaps.
Demeter I have been popping in and out of this thread and finally want to reply. It took me awhile and I will admit I didn't reall all of the posts but tried to follow through on what you wrote best I was able. First I want to thank you for sharing your story. I feel sadden to see several posts which seemed to be less than supportive of your experience. Having had some of my own birth trauma (possible birth rape with a hospital midwife) tere were times peoples opinions of...
Hey everyone. I am lurking on the UC forum so I thought I would say hi. I don't plan on UC but my support team all lives 45-90 minutes away so it is in the scope of pregnancy. I love reading the stories here an being reminded how amazing the human body is and how spending time checking in with myself the baby and my body can tell me so much. Ultimately I am looking to have a very inward experience and trusting my body. Really the midwives are present to just hold the...
I suppose your DH is correct you did use the midwife for her knowledge, which I am assuming you will compensate her for- it seems like a fair trade. While I will not be UC I like to view this forum because I believe it is so important for women who wish to UC to be able to. I am so inspired and feel powered by all of you and the way you trust your bodies. I want to just say OP that sometimes people feel like it is all or nothing (meaning if you UC then you don't see any...
Actually post delivery with DD the midwife asked if I liked chocolate milk and if I'd like some. This was in a hospital and I thought it was a rather odd question, even though I drank it like crazy during pregnancy. During my current pregnancy chocolate milk is often my cure for morning sickness: the chocolate picks up my dropping sugar levels and the protein shot combination often helps to reset me (usually helping me to eat more food). Thanks for mentioning it and...
I tried it out but dropped my tp partly in the toilet but will try it again. I am fairly ok with my body image, after all I am a fertile goddess growing life and all, but a similar game freaked me out last pregnancy.
We don't really observe imbolc though dd is excited to see what Phil says. Not sure why I am not called to do an imbolc ritual but I'll trust it.
When dd was 2.5 she watched Doula! The film and loved it, especially the water birth. It all depends on the child.