or Connect

Posts by JessieBird

Any update MountainMama2Be? I really hope that you got great news today and that you're busy celebrating. My thoughts are with you and everyone who is feeling uncertain about your pregnancies right now. 
I'm sorry that you're going through this, Leanne. You have a great attitude and I hope you get to see that heartbeat soon!
My totally absurd fear these days is that I'll start miscarriage bleeding at our public pool. The weird thing is that I don't often think about miscarriage otherwise and I'm also not easily embarrassed in public (five years of having small boys with me everywhere I go got me over any self-consciousness I might have once had!) but I haven't been able to relax in the public pool ever since getting my bfp. It's the whole private situation happening in a public place that is...
Congratulations!   I held off using my other CBE digital and was rewarded today with a 2-3! I'm so relieved and determined not to buy any more as they just aren't worth the stress. Mild nausea has also set in  - never thought I'd be happy to say that.   Thanks for your support!
I am powerless when it comes to coffee. I tried to give it up in my first pregnancy but couldn't. I felt so guilty. I was more laid back in my second pregnancy and didn't worry about it as much - still continued to have 2 cups in the morning. I will this time too, although the craving is less these days so maybe I will be able to cut down this time. I cut out all pop (only ever had 2 or 3 diet cokes a week) and switched to decaf tea in the afternoon so my caffeine intake...
I told my SIL right away, just like with my other pregnancies, then called my MW. DH had to wait a few days while I set up the surprise. All three times, we were at the same place on a trail in a forest near our house. This time, life is a bit more complicated (we've moved away from that trail, and I've got two kids to juggle) so it was harder to get him there but I did it and he was totally surprised because I'd been playing it really cool all week. He even said, "hey...
Hmmm...that is a toughie especially for a Canadian who finds all this insurance and private hospital stuff baffling!   These are the two things that jumped into my mind: - I'd go meet with the OB practice that has privileges at the nearby local hospital, and go for a tour of the mat ward. Even if you were there for your SIL's birth, go back again for you. Just to be absolutely certain that it can't work. Find out exactly what their policies and regulations on different...
I'm 40 and hope to stay that way this entire pregnancy. My 41st birthday is December 12 and I'm due December 18 so there's a chance! My first two were ten days early and hopefully this little one doesn't make me wait either. No matter what, it's going to be another magical birthday and holiday season. Both my sons are fall babies, as is my DH, so it's our time of the year that's for sure!   I'm glad to see a few others 40+ here. I have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I...
Thanks for those numbers! They are the same that I'd seen somewhere too. I really should be hitting the 2-3 by now or very soon, though I have to remind myself that these tests are not necessarily accurate and there are so many variables at this stage.    No, I haven't had an appointment yet. I'm registered with our birthing centre and have been texting with my midwife already (she's also a friend) but they don't do first appointments until 9-11 weeks unless there is an...
Thanks for the reassurance NS! I couldn't resist so I tested again today at 17dpo. Still says 1-2. I've never used these tests before and just thought they'd be kind of fun, had no idea the stress it would lead to. I still have some FRERs so peed on one of those too, half expecting to see a faint line (meaning the end) but it is dark. Took a while to come up but it's as dark as the control which is reassuring.   I knew I was a serious POAS addict before this but honestly...