or Connect

Posts by PaigeC

DD is still swaddled at night (not for naps) at 4 mo. It is the difference between 10 minutes and 4 hours of sleep! When we wake up in the morning I unswaddle her and she has this big smiling stretch! It is so cute. Then we cuddle before we get up. We use the SwaddleMe also, since she is hudini.
Quote: Originally Posted by Melaniee Can you drive your Dh a couple of times a week to give you the car while he's at work or school? Even if it's just a few hours while he's in a class that can give you and your little one a break out of the house. This is what my mom did with us. However, I just wanted you to know that the TV is my background too and yes DD is mesmerized sometimes by the lights and colors. /shrug. Don't beat yourself up...
Quote: Originally Posted by Amylcd A doctors note is required if you are trying to file a medical exemption. It's much easier to go the religious or philosophical route. oh yes, thanks for the correction. I thought we were talking philo/religious. Some school districts have "form" for all exemptions though.
Quote: Originally Posted by Momma2Kai In Ohio you can have a medical, religious, or philosophical exemption. For medical exemptions, there needs to be medical validation (documented reaction or similar [medically fragile] reason) to qualify that exemption I think. I am a teacher and my school provides the medical exemption form to be filled out by the doctor, though I am not sure how other districts handle this. My son is not school age, but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by carriebft The issue was the peer review process. I am glad that the peer review process exists and that pseudoscience is more likely to not be printed because of this. I don't think that peer review deserves your esteem. I work in information science and peer review is a terribly antiquated and flawed system. I did my Master's thesis on this topic comparing the problem in the physics community vs....
I didn't read the whole thread. I love my pediatrician for just this reason. He vaxes most patients (we don't and he doesn't harass us) and he wrote Infant and Toddler Sleep for Dummies, which isn't very AP but his website and office say this: Quote: In order to provide our patients the best uninfluenced information that science has to offer, we do not accept samples of drugs, advertising tchotchkes, money, food, or any item from outside...
My dd's name is Aellyn - pronounced like Ellen with a long A (also rhymes with Palin, as in Sarah Palin). I don't know of anyone with that name currently
Quote: Originally Posted by AverysMomma I would say: Because I've learned, in this life of mine, to listen to that quiet voice inside me, which is either humming in content balance and peace...or whispering that something is not right and that I must stop what I'm doing. AP happens to make my little soul voice hummm...it is the style of parenting which, I feel, fits most closely with my natural mothering instinct and creates a balance and harmony in my...
Thanks everyone! Monday was horrible, but Tuesday I had lunch with a work friend and then today I actually did some productive supervising (it is so hard to step back into a managerial role when you've been gone so long!). I do enjoy my job and the joy of reuniting with dd is awesome. I can do this! Thanks for the support! I was so distraught Monday am.
Quote: Originally Posted by Just My Opinion Local is far better for the environment than "organic" (who's standards are both lax and largely unregulated). Do you mean to say that something with an "organic" label from the USDA is not better for the environment than local? Because truly organically grown (whether they pay for the certification or not) is indisputably better for the environment. I don't think any of us should be labelling...