or Connect

Posts by PaigeC

I find people have trouble arguing with me if I say "this is something I don't do for religious reasons." If you are comfortable with saying that. I have TONS of reasons besides religion but people seem to respect this more in my experience.
http://www.secretkeepergirl.com/Bod_Squad_Petition.aspx Quote: The Bod Squad Petition We believe that the fashion industry is pressuring little girls to grow up too fast! The findings of two years of study by an APA (American Psychological Association) task force state that clothing, which makes girls appear older, and the associated marketing efforts are linked to eating disorders, low self-esteem, and depression. Ironically, this early sexualization...
Thank you all so much for sharing my joy! After telling DH I knew I had to tell someone else and, of course, my fellow mamas at Mothering were the first thing in my mind!
:Puke
I didn't read all the replies but I scanned a bunch! I voted no vax. I think there is a misconception that non-vaxers all make their decision based on risk of vaccine available disease vs. vaccine reaction. I know some people who decide this way. I do not. Fear of vaxs is not what makes me not vax. I think the whole concept of artificial immunity is a fallacy with huge negative consequences for the whole of humanity. Kind of a "if it ain't broken don't fix it" type...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommytoC http://readatwork.com/ is great, too This is the greatest. thing. ever. Thanks for sharing...although it might look funny on mac! I always take time to organize my life - my current obsession is www.springpadit.com
Quote: Originally Posted by KirstenMary I don't know, and as a working mother who went back to work three days after getting home from the hospital after having her son, I try not to think about it. I'm so sad our society doesn't support parenthood more than this! (unless this was by choice) I have friends that only had a week off. This has to increase pp depression rates I would think. Anyways, OP - I also think it is highly variable. A...
According to US News: http://www.usnews.com/articles/busin...librarian.html Quote: librarians are among our society's most empowering people. woohoo! (although the salary info is sad considering you have to have a masters degree or higher)
I have to share the greatest news! I'm posting here instead of Infertility because, like my title says, in the infertile world this is a disgusting display of a blessing. I'm naking with my beautiful 3 month old IVF miracle baby. January of 08 we went to the dr. to inquire about donor sperm after YEARS of trying to get pregnant with insemination. IVF was our best bet but completely out of our price range. Well, the dr. offered us a grant from a foundation called...
My guess is they are working on a vax for this in order to spare parents from missing work (the true reason for varicella IMO). I worked in a day care and when a scarlet fever outbreak occurred we had to literally close down. That's a lot of parents home from work. Of course, the CDC will assure us that Scarlet Fever is the Worst Thing Since Ebola! For what it is worth, I believe that antibiotics are over prescribed for strep throat and often they make the strep throat...