or Connect

Posts by GenomicsGirl

I passed the little one this morning.  My cramping ended last  night, so I knew the end was imminent.  The Dr has assured me that the IUD is not in me and any residual hormones would not have harmed the baby.  It's just a chromosomal thing, I guess.  My eggs are old.  They're older than me   I collected the little blob from the toilet, took some pictures (yes, morbid as it may seem, I'm a scientist and *need* to see proof in order to feel at ease).  And I said "good bye"...
I'm sorry.  Maybe I'll join you in May/June 
Thank you, Jaimee, for your supportive words.  I had actually become excited about this pregnancy, and then I started bleeding.  Not spotting, but bleeding.  I went in for an u/s on Tuesday, and they saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. The bleeding increased.  I went in Friday (today) for another.  Same sacs, no pole (which surprised me - I thought for sure I had already miscarried).  Going in on Tuesday for another.  If no growth, then non-viable pregnancy.    I guess...
I had 3 c-sections and then a VBAC with my 4th.  Technically, I had a VBA3C.  I don't know if I'll be able to do it again, as the circumstances were completely unique and not necessarily recommended, but I had a good OB who I trusted and I actually delivered in the OR after 15 minutes of pushing.  Very fast!
I was thinking about the logistics of having 5 children ... during the week, 2 will be on the bus at 8am, 2 will be at preschool by 9am, and then I'll have a few hours *alone* with the baby.  Chaos will resume at 1pm and escalate at 4pm   My kids obviously don't know yet, and I'm not going to tell them until my 2nd trimester and genetic testing has been completed.  They are blabber mouths and will definitely announce it to the world!   My 7 year old wants his...
I'm so sorry.  So very sorry.
 *EDD: Nov 30, 2011 * Name: Shannon * Age at conception / Age at delivery: 37/38 * Location: Raleigh, NC, USA * How long it took to you to get your BFP: Unknow - had IUD that is no longer locatable * What number child is this for you: 5 * Family: Hubby, Ian, 4 kids: Ethan 7, Gaven 5, Carys 3, Griffin 20 mnths. * Baby's gender: No idea. * Names you like: None yet... * Birth plans/preferences: My first 3 were c-sections, my 4th an unmedicated vaginal at...
Thank you  I'm not normally one to publish photos this early. My family still doesn't know.    I'm not sure how to tell them ...    
We are definitely finding out!  We will know early as we will have genetic testing (we have a blood incompatibilty and we want to know the baby's blood type so that my dh can donate blood for a transfusion after birth, if needed).  So I will know by 12-13 weeks wether the baby is XX or XY!    I didn't know what my 2nd baby's sex was and I had to have an emergency c-section and was put under general.  I woke up, asked the nurse if she knew what sex the baby was, and...
5w4d.  My belly is actually sticking out under my belly button - had to switch to looser pants as my tight jeans cut in too much.  I think I'm going to show early this time around!