or Connect

Posts by Shera971

I guess I'm kind of confused. How do you not know you would be paying extra charges if you are in a different country? I would understand if the kid was 10 but the OP said he was 16. To me, I think that is old enough to take responsibility for the mistake. I think he should be told and definitely make some sort of contribution to the payment. Whether by chores or whatever.
There are lots of great ideas here and I just wanted to highlight one important thing that I couldn't live without: nipple cream (lansinoh) It literally saved my breastfeeding relationship with DS1. At the beginning my nipples were so horribly cracked and bleeding that I was going to give up b/c I was in so much pain. But then a lovely nurse said "oh, here try this stuff" - pure heaven!
In my opinion, the more people that my baby knows he can rely on, the more he will feel secure in his world. I think there have only been a few times where I have stepped in to help DH and it is usually with a "are you ok? have you tried xyz?" And my babes have never cried longer than a minute or two while DH was trying to calm them.
Quote: Originally Posted by karika I believe that a baby expects only momma for a very long time after birth. I am the primary caregiver for everything until a child is very verbal, say around 3. For my children, they wanted the male to hold them as a child as they slept quite a bit, but that was about it. If my baby or child cries or expresses discomfort with anyone or anything, I change what is happening immediately. Men are support for mother and...
I'm going through this right now. DS1 is 4.5 and DS2 is 3 weeks. When I took out all the baby toys, we explained to DS1 that the toys were his old baby ones and now DS2 can play with them. He spent the whole evening re-discovering them and having a hoot. At the end he wanted to keep one of the toys in his room and we let him. I also let him play with the old toys whenever he wants... which is not often at all. He's mostly excited to see when he can and his baby...
I used to go to something similar every day, every summer while growing up. It was a total blast. There were usually 2 "Park Leaders" who would organize games, crafts etc. We would even have a special parent/kid event at night and it was a great community experience. Lunch was not served though and all the kids were sent home for lunch. There was no signing in/out, everything was pretty loosey goosey... but it was the 70's. I think some pp have suggested some...
Just popping in to give a few ideas on how to stimulate your dog during the day with little effort: Put you son on a piece of furniture and have him throw the dog's ball. Even if the dog brings it back to you, hand the ball to your son to throw. That way both feel like they are participating. Give your son a dog treat and help him hide it in a room. Then give your dog the command "find it". Start very simply (ie treat on the floor) and eventually work up to harder...
My last dog had unknown seizures since puppyhood and I remember his neurologist (who knew there were neurologists for dogs??) saying that sometimes seizures can cause brain damage. This is b/c an intense/long/multiple seizure can raise the body's tempurture high enough to cause permanent damage. I bring it up b/c you mentioned your dog seemed different after her last seizure. Oh, and the urinating in the house could be due to other seizures. My dog always peed during a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Linda on the move Bosses don't tell their employees what to do with their breasts Interesting take on the situation. I guess if my boss were to make comments on breast feeding I would also feel uncomfortable - especially if my views were different. A boss to employee relationship is a lot more different than just mom to mom.
You were absolutely right. I have a large dog. He is ALWAYS leashed and whenever I see people, I always put him on a heel. I know that he will be fine greeting strangers BUT the strangers don't know that. Especially children. Even children who are used to dogs can be intimidated by a large dog running at them and barking. My biggest pet peeve is when a dog (large or small) comes running up to me and the owners are WAAAYYYY behind yelling "Its ok, he's friendly." ...