or Connect

Posts by Shera971

Just recently I had the weirdest kicks. It felt like he was "knocking on the door" if that makes any sense. Somehow he was kicking downwards and I swear it felt like he was kicking out my vagina! LOL Thank goodness it only happened a few times!
Quote: Originally Posted by zeldamomma Yes. Piling on punishments if she's already mortified at her own actions won't make her learn the lesson better, it will only damage your relationship so she cares less about your opinion the next time she screws up. She's already being punished by the school, and it's a pretty severe punishment, IMO. I don't know if I agree. Throwing glass bottles is definitely inappropriate but throwing them AT the bus...
Quote: Originally Posted by zinemama Aside from all the other reasons, this is a bad idea from a very practical standpoint. The exclusion of some kids from snack without any explanation is going to be a huge distraction. Those kids - those who got snack and those who didnt' - aren't going to be focusing on a read-aloud book. They're going to be thinking and whispering about the snack issue. Good point. Plus what is the teacher's plan if the...
My DS is 4 and while he still enjoys Candyland (oh the horror) we also play other games as well: go fish war dominos hungry hippos bingo memory
Quote: Originally Posted by SparklingGemini But if everyone is spending the same, isn't it equally fair for anyone to go? Nope. It is my opinion that anyone can go as long as they can be respectful to other patrons watching the show and to the performers on stage. Not only could the toddler be distracting to the audience, I can imagine it would be very distracting to the actors on stage. I don't pay money to see an adult oriented show so I...
I had to look at your pictures twice b/c they're so cute! I see boxer but I don't see any huskey besides the blue eye. But I believe that can show up in other breeds as well like Austailian Cattle and Border Collies.
Quote: Originally Posted by lifeguard I gave up when ds would crawl over to the dog, open his mouth & let her lick him & then laugh & laugh. Eh, there are worse things! Yep, my dog who NEVER gives kisses would french kiss my little guy all the time. My DS thought is was the funniest thing ever. What I noticed is that my dog LOVED the taste and smell of breast milk. If my little guy ever spit up then the dog was right over licking it up (yes,...
Quote: Originally Posted by organicpapayamama I just was even more in shock that out of all the OBs out here it had to be mine. I'm not quite sure why you are shocked? Perhaps I'm misreading, but it is coming across as though you are upset that she is seeing your OB. To me it makes sense. If your family knows that you like your OB so much, why wouldn't they want to go to him/her as well?
Quote: Originally Posted by Yooper So again, why? How did gifts and STUFF in general get so much power over us? Is it getting worse in the recent past (I seem to feel that way)? Or has it always been this way? Why is this so emotional? Does it seem silly and a little scary to anyone else that I am reallynot "allowed" to have any control over the messages and values my dd is getting from THINGS or the amount of STUFF that is in my living...
Quote: Originally Posted by JL83 The people I know trying to limit their consumption are the same people I know who have lots of money. So they feel "happy" that they spent $$$$$ on some super fancy expensive dollhouse rather than 1/10 of the money on a couple of "cheap plastic pieces of junk". They get really smug about it too. They are the same people who can throw out/give away boxes or bags of toys before birthdays or Christmas and their kids...