or Connect

Posts by Shera971

Quote: Originally Posted by sarahr Also, do your son and her son like each other? They'll be spending a lot of time together if this works out. That's a very good point. So far, yes they seemed to have really hit it off. They were the first two to arrive at school on the first day and were playing together in no time. And my son talks about his friend to me every day after school.
Hi all. I'm looking for a sitter for my son who is 4 for two half days a week. He goes to JK in the mornings and due to my work schedule I need some one to watch him for Mon and Fri afternoons. I met another mom who's son is in the same class and seems eager to babysit. My question is: what would you questions would you ask? FTR: family isn't available for these two days and I can't find a licensed daycare for only 2 half days a week. Oh and babysitting wouldn't work...
Thanks everyone for your responses. I actually only just met her and while she seems nice I don't know her from Adam as the saying goes. Unfortunately her using my house isn't an option b/c I have a dog. While the pooch is ok with kids I really wouldn't want some one in the house with other kids (ie her son) without me there. I'd be too afraid of something happening. I think that there are some great questions here and I'm going to make a list. I'll also cross post...
Hi all. I'm looking for a sitter for my son who is 4 for two half days a week. He goes to JK in the mornings and due to my work schedule I need some one to watch him for Mon and Fri afternoons. I met another mom who's son is in the same class and seems eager to babysit. My question is: what would you questions would you ask? FTR: family isn't available for these two days and I can't find a licensed daycare for only 2 half days a week.
Can't say that DS has ever played in the rain. I have a hard enough time getting him out of the house when it is gorgeous out. Talk about a home body! LOL But if he ever wanted to, sure!
I think that GuildJenn is right, it depends on the kid and the family. My son is 4 and I have him in a couple of things for the fall: swimming (which I think is super important and wouldn't take out of our schedule unless he really hated it), pottery (which my son LOVES) and karate (which my son asked for). We also plan on going skating on Sundays if we feel up to it. The thing is, none of these activities are longer than an hour and I know that my son enjoys them. I...
I've been getting a lot of the whys and howcomes too and DS is 4. I've been out of school so long that I can feel my brain's rusty wheels turning as I try to remember how rainbows really work, why tree leaves are green etc. LOL Sometimes I'll just say, "you know what? I don't know. Lets go look it up together". Here's how my baby questions went w/ DS when he was 3 1/2 him: "I used to be in your belly right?" me:"yes" him: "How did I come out?" me: "through my...
I have a boy who is 4 and over the years has recieved a lot of 'boy' orientated gifts from friends and family. I don't mind. There are literally about a million choices for some one to make in order to buy a gift that I don't mind that they narrowed it down to choosing something from the 'boy' aisle. What I do is make sure that the gifts he recieves from DH and myself have a nice mixture of both. Along with all the traditional 'boy' stuff DS has, he has recieved (and...
I have an absolutely amazing relationship with my in-laws. They actually have a room in our house that is "theirs" and they stay a couple of times month. At Christmas my house is filled to bursting with MIL, FIL and BIL all staying in my tiny bungalow and I wouldn't have it any other way. Do they drive me crazy sometimes? Absolutely! lol However, my mantra is "don't sweat the small stuff" and "look at the intention not the action". Did my MIL really mean to invade...
Quote: Originally Posted by KweenKrunch Third of all, we try to be ecologically sensitive in this household, and a chainsaw is not exactly our idea of a "green" toy - not only because it's made of plastic but because it represents deforestation and the destruction of non-renewable resources and loss of animal habitat. I'm not quite sure why you are so upset that it is a chainsaw. Since you don't have plastic toys in your house I'm going to...