or Connect

Posts by VTmamadownsouth

It's such a long story, but here's the picture today: He is in kindergarten and has lived it since day one. However, lately he's been asking to be home schooled because he is having trouble getting along with one of his classmates. A few times when I've been visiting him at school something hasn't gone his way (someone did something out of turn, someone else didn't save him a seat, etc) and he walks away sulking. When i ask him what's wrong he says no one likes him. He is...
Both my kids are this way. The 6y.o. Has the self discipline to lie still and do some meditation now, but he has to be reminded. My 15 month old on the other, he will bonk around from one breast to the other, climb on my head, try to back off the bed, squawk, squeal and bite for hours at bed time. I finally figured out 2 nights ago that if i wear him, he'll actually fall asleep in a reasonable amount of time. Before that it was taking me 2+ hours and some tears to get him...
DS1 is almost 6 and is particular about his feet. Socks must be seamless with no embroidery, and shoes must be very snug with the tongue lying flat and not coming up too high. The Velcro Sketchets shoes were great because he could easily adjust them, but lately he just can't seem to get them right. He's spending so much time and energy on them before we leave for schoo, and i know he's stopping to assist them a lot during the day lI . They're becoming a distraction. I...
DH has a staph infection on his face that won't seem to go away. He's done a few rounds of antibiotics which have probably opened the way for done yeast to irritate his face as well. I'm trying to support his immune with supplements, but I'm also trying to think of some kind of rinse or wash or salve that i can give him to promote healing and/or inhibit the yeast and the bacteria. I'm up for making my own. Any thoughts?
One of my teeth has been bothering me so i went to the dentist to have it looked at. The filling on it was loose and there was apparently lots of decay underneath. So much so that he said i should get a root canal right away, and that would "probably" prevent it from needing to come out entirely. I know nothing about teeth, but recently heard a friend talk about reversing decay through diet. Thought I'd ask here first. Some others are saying "don't do it!" About the root...
One of my teeth has been bothering me so i went to the dentist to have it looked at. The filling on it was loose and there was apparently lots of decay underneath. So much so that he said i should get a root canal right away, and that would "probably" prevent it from needing to come out entirely. I know nothing about teeth, but recently heard a friend talk about reversing decay through diet. Thought I'd ask here first. Some others are saying "don't do it!" About the root...
I'm not the mom i wanted to be. I hate parenting. DS is 5.5. He is relentless in his requests: movies, activities, treats, play dates. He asks for something more all day. He will not entertain himself. He has a trapeze, a bike, an acre and a half at his disposal, a dog, mountains of books, an activity table in the living room with legos, kinnex, building blocks, figurines, a craft cupboard with everything from play doh to coloring books. All he wants to do is follow me...
These are such great suggestions! Thank you so much!
Update: Knowing I'm not alone and hearing success stories helps so much. Thank you. Just feelingthatsupport helps me to not despair. We thought of a few more things that might give a better picture and hopefully inspire more feedback and idea: -DS does much better in smaller groups or one-on-one. When there are a lot of other kids, even his best friends, he can become really rambunctious and physical. He's also more likely to become upset over a minor offense/accident and...
Any tips on how to cope so that we don't go down the road of him getting into trouble, losing self esteem, behaving worse, us withdrawing etc? The amount of constant attention via interaction and redirection that he requires, even on good days, is so exhausting. Sometimes it feels like he's completely running our lives and we get pretty run down. We start to be less patient and less creative. I don't want to snap at him or make him feel bad about himself, but i do. Any...