or Connect

Posts by VTmamadownsouth

He's always been "high needs" or "spirited", always been physical, but lately at preschool he's forgetting about how to interact with his friends. He wants to play rough, even when they don't. He doesn't seen to hear me, the teachers or the other kids asking him to stop. He often bops his baby brother (5mo) repeatedly, in spite of my constant reminders not to. Most of the time he's not actually angry, or doesn't seem it, but sometimes when the rough play escalates he will...
Anyone had a baby like this?
Sometimes he is very fussy and when i try to nurse he will latch on briefly, then cry and let go, then clamp down with his gums and turn his head. Ouch! He also replaces the nipple with his hands sometimes. Could he be teething already? Gums look normal so far, but i can't think of what else would make a baby clench down this way.
With DS1 we used BG 3.0 (he's 5 now). But only had 12 so the pul got completely worn out by the time he was out of them (2.5 yo). I tossed the outter parts bet kept the inserts thinking they'd come in handy some day. Now we have DS2 who is 2 months. We've used cloth since day one including a varied stash of FB AIO, Charlie Banana one size, BG 4.0, fitted WAHM cotton things, a Thirsties fitted, prefolds then a Thirsties duo cover, a couple Thirsties pro wraps, a couple...
26 weeks, 4 days with #3
How do you post photos with an Android phone? Anyone know? I can't even see text as I type.
Has anyone had a total no-poo failure?  I have very thick dark blond wavy hair that falls just above my shoulders, and I'm so sad that poo freedom isn't working for me.   Here's my tale:  I usually only washed every 2-3 days with shampoo, so about 3.5 weeks ago I simply did a BS scrub of the scalp in lieu of the shampoo and skipped the conditioner.  The results were not awesome, but I'd been reading up on this so I figured I'd see a tough transition period, and...
I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about weight gain in pregnancy, and I have a question.   Since we all must gain some weight, whether you think that should be less than twenty or more than 40, is there an ideal distribution of weight gain over time?     In other words, I'm 22 weeks pregnant and have gained 11 pounds.  For me, I know that I need to gain a lot more than this, and I'm just wondering if it will be easier or harder to gain weight during the...
This is probably the silliest post ever composed, but here it goes.  If you make it to the end, you're a saint.   Oh, and I should disclose that I'm 22 weeks pregnant, so hormones are playing no small part here.   I love the idea of a Waldorf education, however, we are not sending 4yo DS to either of the local Waldorf schools ("local" = 40 minutes to either) because of aforementioned distance and lack of finances.  Pledging is an option at one, but we seriously...
What can I do to incorporate some Waldorf concepts into our home, even though the only option for DS (4.5yo) at this point is a mainstream, albeit warm and nurturing, preschool?   I feel really overwhelmed by all the reading I have to do in addition to working and parenting, so I hope that some of you have some great little tips for kids this age.  Specifically, I am curious how behavioral problems and discipline are handled in the Waldorf home or school.  I want to...