or Connect

Posts by VTmamadownsouth

First, does this make any sense to do? DS has always been a bad sleeper/frequent night waker. He's been much better since turning a year, but 3-4 hour stretches seems to be his max. His sleeping pattern up until I started trying to change it last week is approximately as follows: Up at 7am nap from 10-11:30 am nap from 3 - 4:30 bed at 9:30 or 10 awake no nurse at 1 awake no nurse at 3 awake and nurse at 5 The reasons I want to change to one nap a day...
Thanks to the few of you who saw through to the point of my original post. Thanks also to the rest who want to reiterate that my expectations for my son were too high. Got it. We were in a car accident the day after our "rough day", so rough days have a new meaning now. So, if you feel like you need to point out some mom's flaws or argue with others who come to her defense, please find another thread. Better yet, if moms need a hug, give them a hug, not a...
I think you're both right that I wasn't setting/enforcing boundries enough. You had some good suggetions on how I could have communicated with him more effectively. I appreciate the feedback that I was giving him too much freedom and too many chances. And yes, I should have just let him play in a safe pile of sand as long as he wanted. I let the outside pressures (friend with newborn, onlookers, weird vendors who make awkward comments, etc) keep me from following my...
We got up today and off to what I thought would be a fun outing. We went to this giant flea market where there are lots of vendors selling vegetables, plants, tools, toiletries, clothes, etc. Anyway, I met up with my very close friend and her 3.5 year old and her 6 week old. The trip was a disaster. DS doesn't want me to wear him anymore, he wants to walk. Can't blame him there, so we tried it for a while. I had to frequently remind him to keep hold of my hand or...
My DS, who is 19 months, has been doing this kind of thing too. Thumb in my belly button, other hand digging in my other nipple. I think you are right on to tell him "no touch" and explain that it hurts you, and to show him the sign for hurt. I think you're also right that being consistant is key. Does he do it during the day or just at night? If he doesn't do it during the day, perhaps you can try asking him to give you "nice touches' by stroking your arm or...
My 19 DS has always been a crumby sleeper, but for the past couple months things seem to have improved. He was going to ben around 8 and sleeping til 12 when I'd rock or shush hum back to sleep (we cosleep), then he'd wake up again sometime around 3, at which time I would nurse him. Sometimes he'd also wake up around 5, again, I'd nurse him. And then we were usually up for the day at 7. Whenever he woke, he would go back to sleep really easily, and so would I. I'd...
You mentioned that you use a spreadsheet to track your food diary. Might you be willing to share this? Maybe it's not even possible to add an attachment to a sticky, but I would be very interested to see how you lay it out. I did one as well, but it wasn't easy to use. Seeing your sample would help. If that's not possible, that's ok. Just thought I'd ask.
I need to buy some supplements for myself. Since I'm still BF'ing DS (18 mo) and he has some food sensativites, I want to order supplements that are safe for him. He just had blood drawn for allergy testing, but I'm not sure it will be very conclusive since his reactions are mild. So far I believe he's sensative to dairy, wheat, and possibly soy and some fish. He seems to do ok with eggs and corn. I did an elimination diet to reach these conclusions, but I still...
My 18 month old DS asks to nurse about every 20 minutes, all day long. But if I do nurse him, it's usually only for about 3 seconds, then he wants to get down and do something else. Sometimes he'll be back in 5 minutes, sometimes it could be more like 45, but usually it's about every 20. I do try to divert his attention, and sometimes that works. Sometimes I have to tell him that it's not a good time (say, when we're leaving the grocery store to go home - think 90...
He's 15 months, and still nursing. I've been keeping a food journal, I guess I'll go back through again to see if something jumps out. Are there specific things to look for as the culprits? Any thoughts on how to treat a yeast rash? Also, I just tested saurkraut again, and it was fine. I think it was a plastic bag and/or another food shortly after the 'kraut that caused the red splotches. BUT, if he's dealing with yeast, would the acidity of the 'kraut not make...